gtx 350! gddr5 intro for nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but they also had a lot more time then, lets be honest and just throw out the 9 series...it took them like a year and a half to go from the G80 to GT200, and even then they couldn't get the clock speeds up that high...

this "GTX350" has almost double the shader clocks of the GTX280? Lets be realistic here, that won't happen with 480SP's onboard...

Not to mention the amount of power this thing will suck. The memory clock is also unrealistic

true but they also had a lot more time then, lets be honest and just throw out the 9 series...it took them like a year and a half to go from the G80 to GT200, and even then they couldn't get the clock speeds up that high...

this "GTX350" has almost double the shader clocks of the GTX280? Lets be realistic here, that won't happen with 480SP's onboard...

Not to mention the amount of power this thing will suck. The memory clock is also unrealistic

why so serious?..

What i dont understand is why its so darn difficult for them to make a decent reference cooling system. Honestly now.

Whats wrong with nvidias coolers??

Theyre loads better than ATI's....

So what if they are better than ATI's, I do agree they are better, but i have problems with both, considering how much a cheap accelero helps temps its rediculous they cant get off the same generic sort of design and put on something better.

Thinking about it now though it would mean that video card partners would be less involved as putting a decent cooler on there is mostly their job.

So what if they are better than ATI's, I do agree they are better, but i have problems with both, considering how much a cheap accelero helps temps its rediculous they cant get off the same generic sort of design and put on something better.

Thinking about it now though it would mean that video card partners would be less involved as putting a decent cooler on there is mostly their job.

How many video cards have you owned??

The current line of coolers are much better than previous ones....the stock 8800GT cooler was horrible, and there was worse too.

GT200 puts out a lot of heat, but the reference cooler does its job. Yes an accelero can cool much better, but look as how much larger the heatsink on it is.

How many video cards have you owned??

The current line of coolers are much better than previous ones....the stock 8800GT cooler was horrible, and there was worse too.

GT200 puts out a lot of heat, but the reference cooler does its job. Yes an accelero can cool much better, but look as how much larger the heatsink on it is.

How many have i owned? 2 or 3. GTX260+ (two) and an old 7600GS. How many have i spent days with? A ton. GTX285, GTX 280, GTX260-216, GTX260-192, 4850, 3650, 1650Pro, 9800GT, 8800GT, 8600GT, 9500GT, 7600GS, 6200TC.....

I dont really enjoy getting into an argument with you for something so trivial its not worth having an argument about but dont attack my credibility on a subject.

Yes, it does its job, but i beleive they could do so much better.

elcg20.jpg

Take the Accelero Xtreme for example. Yes, it is bigger than the reference sink, but something like this drops temps from 80 to 50. Thats 30 degrees. Even if they make it less than half as good, a 10 degree drop is very decent.

Im thinking they they are just being cheap now adays and trying to cut costs in as many places as they can. This can clearly be seen with the GTX260+ 55nm. It produces the same amount of heat if not more because they cheap'nd out on the cooling over the 65nm (which i own).

Its rediculous to say they cant do better, and thats what im arguing.

i dont think they cheaped out on the cooling for the 55nm GTX260. it is still better than my 9800GTX's stock cooler. that had only like 2 heatpipes inside it. my GTX 260 has 4 heatpipes and it has more heat dissipating fins than my 9800GTX. and the temps are about the same.

i dont think they cheaped out on the cooling for the 55nm GTX260. it is still better than my 9800GTX's stock cooler. that had only like 2 heatpipes inside it. my GTX 260 has 4 heatpipes and it has more heat dissipating fins than my 9800GTX. and the temps are about the same.

They cheapened out compared to the 65nm (55nm was a silent release thats mostly unmarked). You can see pics of it online.

You beat me to this. But the specs are not possible, nor realistic. For them to double the shaders 1 of 2 things would have to happen. The manufacturing process would have to shrink, it didnt, it still says 55nm. Or 2, they would have to double the size of the die. Considering how huge the chip is right now, theres no way in **** they are going to double the die size. This is yet more FUD. The way competition is right now, i really dont see Nvidia doing much other than trying to get the 40nm processing worked out so they can actually make a decent profit off of their cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom