GTA4 system requirements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. **** more cores. I've had nothing but an increase in FPS downgrading from a QX to a cheap C2D. :/
can't say i really cared for gta4 much. got it for xbox, played it for 2 hours and havent touched it since. I enjoyed the previous games much more.

It's pretty cool their adding some PC features though.

I've been playing San Andreas for years now, as I joined a role play community for the mod San Andreas Multiplayer, which is still around. But I kinda got bored and now I'm ready for GTA IV to come to PC. :D

whoa whoa whoa...lets slow down here, you just said the xbox 360 and PS3 have powerful processors, I disagree. I mean sure its hard to compare the exact power of their technical descriptions because archetecture is what matters and not pure numbers and clock speeds ( as core 2 duo proves over the pentium D ) and to me the xbox 360 and PS3 have always seemed as significantly less power when compared against a high end core 2 duo or q6600. I mean just look at their games, theres a huge difference in the quality of graphics in Fallout 3 and Farcry 2 ( as well as other games but I'm just mentioning this for now ) in the console versions compared to the PC which leads me to believe their power doesn't even come close...plus you have to consider the fact that their games are optimized for that particular system and aren't running all that crap in the background like PCs, but even with that advantage they still can't have better graphics then a high end PC.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention, I am INCREDIBLY glad they decided to really improve the PC version instead of doing just a **** poor port which requires low system specs, because really anyone who is is a gamer and doesn't have a high end PC has a next gen console, which means its pretty pointless to release a PC version that doesn't take advantage of what PC gaming shines in, which is RAW POWAAAA!*

*assuming you have a high end PC system, which you should since it really only costs around $600-$700 now adays

Well everything I saw back when the consoles first came out said their processors (which I meant only cpu not gpu processor) were very fast. I'm not sure about the physics differences but isn't the PS3 very powerful at folding, and more importantly isn't there still some headroom with the Cell (as in its not been pushed to the max)? And yeah I know its hard to compare them directly (Cell SPE "cores" aren't even the same kind of thing as cores in a desktop cpu) but like I and you said the system is optimized for gaming so your going to need a powerful cpu to match it (well its actually more so that the games are optimized because the cpu's actually aren't very game optimized). As for the graphics I think a big reason they don't look as good is because the gpu in both is outdated. IIRC the Xbox360 is running on a gpu similar to the x1900xt. Which isn't a bad card but not as fast as current computer gpu overings.

Now something I'm wondering is if the game really is multi-core optimized. And if it is does that mean that with this game you really can just add mhz up or will a slower tri-core outperform my 3.1ghz e2180??? Has then been any other games that recommended tri or quad core?

The PS3 is not that fast at folding.....a single 8800GT is five times faster.

Anyways...i never go by the specs they post. The game wont be harder to run than crysis....not even close.

Zomg!!! I have been waiting so long for gta4 to come out... Now I have to wait even longer
It makes no sense why they would list a q6600 alongside an 8600gt in recommended specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom