GTA4 system requirements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
IGN: GTA IV PC Delayed to December

WOW is all I have to say, although this PC port is looking friggin great ( better draw distances as well as the awesome replay feature and the option to increase traffic density )

some things to note however:
1. The recommended requirements are huge! Even more then Crysis! they actually listed my ram amount and processor in the recommended! holy crap! this game demands a lot

2. WTF the game also requires XP SP3? Does this mean I finally have to upgrade to SP3 from SP2? Anyone know the advantages of upgrading to SP3? Is it just another validity XP check in disguise?

Wow... bigger than Crysis...

That's going to hurt.. my HD 3850 will do it on Medium though :D

I can't say I'm really surprised about the ram and cpu requirements. The Xbox360 and PS3 have powerful processors and are dedicated gaming machines and GTA4 is a big sandbox style game.

I wonder how much difference extra cores will make. The recommended quad core blew me away until I noticed that it also listed a AMD x3 2.1ghz as recommended. So I think maybe this is one of the first computer games to be very multi-core optimized. After all the Xbox360 is a tri-core with HT and the PS3 is what 7 cores. Hopefully my dual 3.1ghz will be enough for decent gameplay with crowd settings turned up.

Graphically it doesn't seem to be extremly demanding compared to Crysis. Its recommended is a 8600. Didn't Crysis recommend 8800gt? Though the minimum is a 7900. Isn't a 7900 about the same performance as a 8600...

And holy cow 18gb install space! Do other games compress files or something? Maybe they don't so it loads faster... Or is GTA4 just that big...

The recommended components from the different companies don't even come close to lining up.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

The Intel cpu and aTI card recommended are a lot better than their alternatives from AMD and nvidia.

WHATTT !

2.4Ghz Quad !?!?!? Your joking me :eek: It's that damned physics based naturalmotion animation :mad: !

This has got me pretty mad...I am easily within the GPU requirements, i have by far enough ram. And then my crap 3Ghz Core 2 Duo lets me down :mad:

I can't say I'm really surprised about the ram and cpu requirements. The Xbox360 and PS3 have powerful processors and are dedicated gaming machines and GTA4 is a big sandbox style game.

I wonder how much difference extra cores will make. The recommended quad core blew me away until I noticed that it also listed a AMD x3 2.1ghz as recommended. So I think maybe this is one of the first computer games to be very multi-core optimized. After all the Xbox360 is a tri-core with HT and the PS3 is what 7 cores. Hopefully my dual 3.1ghz will be enough for decent gameplay with crowd settings turned up.

Graphically it doesn't seem to be extremly demanding compared to Crysis. Its recommended is a 8600. Didn't Crysis recommend 8800gt? Though the minimum is a 7900. Isn't a 7900 about the same performance as a 8600...

And holy cow 18gb install space! Do other games compress files or something? Maybe they don't so it loads faster... Or is GTA4 just that big...

Ya, the GTA4 game is big..big island..lots of textures..lots of AI/scripting...it's VERY detailed game (In terms of environment, not graphics) Heh.. I'm still mad at that stupid cpu requirement. They can go stuff themself if they think im going to buy a quad core to play it (The reality is, i most likely will - because I'm a hypocrite :p)

WHATTT !

This has got me pretty mad...I am easily within the GPU requirements, i have by far enough ram. And then my crap 3Ghz Core 2 Duo lets me down :mad:

Lol, "Crap 3ghz C2D". I'm sure you'll be just fine. Aren't Core 2 Duos much more powerful than AMD x3's though?

But the thing about recommended settings, is that there's no resolution. Let's not freak out yet :p

WHATTT !
2.4Ghz Quad !?!?!? Your joking me :eek: It's that damned physics based naturalmotion animation :mad: !

If a 2.1ghz Phenom x3 is recommended your cpu should be fine.

whoa whoa whoa...lets slow down here, you just said the xbox 360 and PS3 have powerful processors, I disagree. I mean sure its hard to compare the exact power of their technical descriptions because archetecture is what matters and not pure numbers and clock speeds ( as core 2 duo proves over the pentium D ) and to me the xbox 360 and PS3 have always seemed as significantly less power when compared against a high end core 2 duo or q6600. I mean just look at their games, theres a huge difference in the quality of graphics in Fallout 3 and Farcry 2 ( as well as other games but I'm just mentioning this for now ) in the console versions compared to the PC which leads me to believe their power doesn't even come close...plus you have to consider the fact that their games are optimized for that particular system and aren't running all that crap in the background like PCs, but even with that advantage they still can't have better graphics then a high end PC.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention, I am INCREDIBLY glad they decided to really improve the PC version instead of doing just a **** poor port which requires low system specs, because really anyone who is is a gamer and doesn't have a high end PC has a next gen console, which means its pretty pointless to release a PC version that doesn't take advantage of what PC gaming shines in, which is RAW POWAAAA!*

*assuming you have a high end PC system, which you should since it really only costs around $600-$700 now adays

Yeh, there not that quick. 9 Cores, so what ? if it's that powerfull - why do they have to reduce the physics in some of the games compared to a PC processor.

It's just marketing, 9cores is still impressive to this day - but it doesn't mean there quick.

Yeh, there not that quick. 9 Cores, so what ? if it's that powerfull - why do they have to reduce the physics in some of the games compared to a PC processor.

It's just marketing, 9cores is still impressive to this day - but it doesn't mean there quick.

9 cores pssssht, 9 cores running at 800 mhz is more like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom