Great Sound?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Is their any other people like me who cant listen to the radio in the car?

I guess listening to an Xfi in my computer really made me not like any type of distortion in my music, radio music just disqusts me.

I cant listen to any song with cracking or to much treble

Is this normal?

Im afraid it will only get worse
:eek:

My local stations, at least most of them (all of the good ones) broadcast in HD. Signal strength is always excellent and sounds great.

It seems you, like myself, are on the way to becoming an audiophile. When i get a car, i will rip out the speakers so fast, they'll light on fire. I'm definitely going to make my car a rolling surround sound system.

For the record, the speakers in the 2005 Trailblazer aren't all that bad. No bass to speak of, but not bad.

id become an audiphile faster if i could afford it.

and boomboxes sound trash.

and i hate it when people listen to radio for music, because umm... messed up. if car aint amped up.. gbye!!!

ya I hate getting in my moms truck after getting in my dads, she has a stock system, my dads rig has 3 jl audio 10w6's on a jl adio 500-1 amp. :) now that males for some kick a$$ base.

alexsabree said:
Is their any other people like me who cant listen to the radio in the car?

I guess listening to an Xfi in my computer really made me not like any type of distortion in my music, radio music just disqusts me.

I cant listen to any song with cracking or to much treble

Is this normal?

Im afraid it will only get worse
:eek:
An X-fi is hardly an audiophile sound card, it dosnt sound great for music. It does have some potential however, as it supports ASIO and has digital out so you could hook up an external DAC. The only reason one would buy it is for it's gaming features.

Of course radio music is nasty, I believe the bitrate is something like 30-40kbps. It will sound like crap out of anything. I am assuming you have computer speakers, by logitech or creative, which can not be considered high quality by any stretch.

lets set a few things straight.
Surround sound does not mean audiophile.

Ripping the speakers out of a car and replacing them with speakers that can become insanely loud and pump out mega bloated bass also does not mean audiophile (although you CAN build a vey good car audio setup).

Snake-Eyes, I hope you dont include that audgy 2 of yours in your "audiophile setup". At least with the X-fi it actually sounds pretty good with an external DAC and ASIO output, but in the case of the audigy2, all the sound is upsampled to 48khz and then back down/up to whatever output sample rate you selected, and it does not support ASIO.

As an audio engineer, i say if they love their equipment, they think it sounds really good, they are happy, then who cares if they call themselves an audiophile? Really.. is the definition of audiophile so strict that Audigy 2's can't be included? I'm an engineer and i have that card. Maybe they dont have the worst gas (gear acquisition syndrome for those of you who dont know) or the best equipment to meet an engineers standards. There really isn't any other words to say it tho other than audiophile. Would you rather them say "Hey... I'm a sound lover!"

It's kinda like me saying you aren't an audiophile because you have a juli@ and i have 48 track digital pro tools through a Neve console.

At LEAST give credit for them TRYING to have good sound and making it a concern. God bless them for even having a sound card instead of onboard!

My $0.02

yes, radio SQ SUCKS. the only radio i listen to is NPR. also, so much music today is so heavily compressed that the signal is clipping. then the radio station compresses it again, so you get HORRIBLE sounding music. almost unbearable, really

an audiophile, to me, is anyone who has a very crticial ear for every aspect of music and sound. but everyone's sensitivities to certain frequencies are different, so no one can have the same taste in speakers, amps, EQ adjustments, etc.

what bothers me is when people can't hear their music distorting when it's too loud. or if they have all treble and bass and no midrange AT ALL.

being an audiophile is EXPENSIVE, and i am constantly using the best I can for cheap. what sounds good to me sounds good to me. but it never sounds good enough :confused:

Crysalis said:
It's kinda like me saying you aren't an audiophile because you have a juli@ and i have 48 track digital pro tools through a Neve console.
Actually there is a pretty big difference. First of all, the juli@ is not my source, it is my digital transport to an external DAC. Second of all, you have a great recording setup, I am talking about playback here. Third, it is widely agreed by audiophiles (trying not to sound cocky here, I cant think of another word to call them, because, well thats what they are) that the Audigy2 has terrible sound quality, especially for the price. For about the same price, you could get a juli@ or E-MU 0404, and the sound quality difference would be astronomical. There are also sound cards for a fraction of the price of the Audigy2 which sound much much better, such as the Chaintech AV-710.

molsen said:
what bothers me is when people can't hear their music distorting when it's too loud. or if they have all treble and bass and no midrange AT ALL.
I know, I can not STAND a recessed midrange. People are so dumb, the effects of heavy distortion and no midrange are so glaringly obvious, and yet people dont do a thing about it, probably not even noticing it, or making any effort to try and correct it.

xfi? not high quality?
Dude it sounds awesome..
And my speakers sound REAL REAL good, they are meant for quality.

But everybodys different ;)

Hey.. what does satilite radio sound like? Might consider that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom