Great FarCry 2 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game runs surprisingly awesome...

My Specs (See sig) 60fps/70fps at 1650X1080 everything maximum.

Explosions/Fire make no difference to the fps at all.

Btw, The map editor is SUPERB. It is truly awesome, it's so easy to use yet lets you have lots and lots of customization.

When you say the game runs awesome do you mean the editor or did you get the game itself to run?

Thats ultra high. Won't go higher.
I didn't have AA forced so it'll smooth out more.

but as far as competition for warhead, no dice

Meh Im expecting to run the game at 1440x900 high-very high settings with 40fps. my HDD is FRESH, so theres no holding my pc back lol. Im so pumped for this game! lol

from what i see, your 8800gtx will max it on ultra high at max resolution without problem :/

BUT keep in mind this is just the map editor im going off of. While you still goin in and play it, i dont have vast expanses with trees and buildings built up.

But I tested it with the largest brush fire and all the explosions I could manage :/

4870x2 bummed out eh? mine makes some wicked electrical sounds on logo screens, some menus, and some in-game cinematics. Drives me insane. besides that and the flicker with catalyst A.I. turned on (probably driver issue since it works fine with the option off) the card's a monster. be nice if it came back workin for ya.
An 8800gtx is a nice backup card though hahaha.

I don't think the map editor gives any indication of how well the game will run because remember with crysis and the sandbox editor how the editor was slower and used more resources. I could b wrong we'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom