Graphics messed up on Farcry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title i just downloaded the demo of it to see how nice it looked on my new GPU, i set all the settings to high and this is what i got :confused:
farcrydemo.jpg

As i said that was on highest settings, changing it to low doesnt make much difference either so its obviously something i need to do/change?

Although i run Battlefield 2142, fear, Hitman blood money and doom 3 all on highest settings with max resolution no problems at all so it cant be the fact im missing something to play new games(like directx9c) im totally stumped.

FarCry can be really picky about the drivers. I have 6 different versions of the Nvidia drivers, and only one of them works fine with FarCry. It is version 81.95.

just red a forum and apparently theres several patches for the game, and it wont work properly with newer graphics card without this patch, so i downloaded it(all 75mbs of it) i clicked on the icon, the installshield opens i click next, accepted the agreement thing, then i check save location blah blah blah the usual, but then when i click "next" to install the patch it just doesnt do anything, the box just flickers but doesnt actually install!?

Hmmm i dont want to install really old drivers just to play this, plus it might screw my other games up which play flawlessly.

hmmmm i really wanna play this aswell :(

hmm ive never tried installing a patch on a demo. my guess is that the demo wasnt intended for patches...?

It was like the above picture BEFORE the patch, thats why i went and did some research, read my first post agian!!
I might try installing the older drivers as a temporary measure just to see if its the problem.

Right lastnight basically what i did was install this game, the above pic is what i got, so i installed the patch, and still no joy, then i gave up and went to bed, but this morning when i put the pc on i thought"i wonder if i needed to reset my pc after installing the patch?" (it never said to on the website) but anyway the graphics are alot better now so it must have needed a restart.

Heres a pic,
farcry2.jpg

looking alot better but the water still looks abit weird to me, maybe to get it perfect ill need the drivers that TheMajor said, oh and add to that the fact that theres 2-3 graphics setting that it wont allow me to change on the demo version, so thats another reason its not ultra pretty.

The first pic is how the demo looked to me when I d/led it too (a while ago). I got angry with it and quit, and have never played through it cuz of that. I plan to revisit Far Cry with my new pc though, should be fun.

well as you can see it was the patch that was needed and maybe the older drivers to get it looking perfect? but i dont know, as i said my currant game i play the most(BF2142) is spot on graphically so i dont want to mess around with older drivers really

Ps nice GPU dex ;)

Thanks. Can't wait for everything to come in on Friday. Looks like the weekend will be one very pleasant gaming experience! I'm going to need people to pull me out of the house by the ears. Even my attendance at the scheduled best party of the winter is uncertain. lol! And then my final exams. So much gaming to do, so little time!

haha!
Ive just been playing call of duty 2 demo, the graphics are awesome on that, have you played it with your card?
Infact whats the best looking game you play with that bad boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom