Got Windows 7 - Setup recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good amount for virtualization?

And if need be I can increase the gaming partition from 30 - whatever.

It's like playing with bank accounts :)

Using a VM system doesnt take much space. It is mainly the size of the OS plus some extra space for the apps you are going to install. But you have to remember that if you are going to install Win7 in a Virtual Machine you will have to meet the requirements first. Which is:

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

So if you dont meet the requirements of the OS you want to install in a VM then it wont install at all.

Well yeah if you dont overwrite. But that is still nothing compared to the amount of space that it takes for a install of the games does it? :p

Oh I know that :p. Just saying that saves can indeed take up space if they are allowed to.

hmm, it's only letting me have 4 partitions. (well 5 but it's allocated) That'll do I guess

You can only have 4 Primary partitions on a drive. After that they go to Extended Partition with Logical Drives.

I got a logical partition, but that's nearly the same as a primary and I shouldn't worry about changing it back right?

As long as you are not trying to install Windows to it you will be fine. Windows only allows installs to Primary Partitions. It may work for the VM not sure off hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom