Google Nexus 4 price drop

I've seen people report issues like that with my Rezound. The internal storage would go wonky and such on AOSP but ok on stock.

Tried going to stock and formatting the internal storage through recovery, and then going back to AOSP?

Yup. Have formatted everything within TWRP and then installed a ROM, still had the issues. Sadly never had that issue up till the 4.2.2 ROMs started to hit. Since no others reported the same issues, I knew it was only my device.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was cause of all my flashing. After all in the year plus I probably flashed at least 200+ ROMs on there. From nightlies to various ROMs for testing. Stock works so I have stayed on that.

Have you checked out Negri Electronics (dot com)? While their prices are not necessarily better than elsewhere, their selection is pretty good and they offer some phones not normally available here in the US. I have seen them promoted on several top tier Android sites so they are legit.

Will check them out. Not sure if the wife will be keen on me getting something at retail price again. Spent $600 on this and killed it in just over a year cause of my abuse. Was gonna try to go with Pure Android like a Nexus or just stick with stock on my next device. That way I don't destroy it in a year and can fulfill my contract.

Yup. Have formatted everything within TWRP and then installed a ROM, still had the issues. Sadly never had that issue up till the 4.2.2 ROMs started to hit. Since no others reported the same issues, I knew it was only my device.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was cause of all my flashing. After all in the year plus I probably flashed at least 200+ ROMs on there. From nightlies to various ROMs for testing. Stock works so I have stayed on that.

Will check them out. Not sure if the wife will be keen on me getting something at retail price again. Spent $600 on this and killed it in just over a year cause of my abuse. Was gonna try to go with Pure Android like a Nexus or just stick with stock on my next device. That way I don't destroy it in a year and can fulfill my contract.

Check Swappa for deals if you don't mind used devices.

Yeah looked there as well. But honestly when I can trade in my device and get $100 credit for it and get a brand new device for $99. It only makes sense to do it. I don't plan on leaving AT&T any time soon, even if we was off contract. So it makes no difference if I go with the upgrade or not. I will save money doing it that way. Plus get a new device and try a different company. After using Motorola and Samsung for so long it will be nice to try an LG.

I've been watching the Nexus 4 for awhile. I'm on an HTC inspire faithfully for 3 years now. With the cheaper price and HSPA+ I'm content. A top choice would've been the Galaxy Nexus 2 but, I don't have that kind of money.

There is no such thing as a Galaxy Nexus 2. Samsung makes the Galaxy Line, Nexus is the Google line. Samsung made the Nexus before the LG Nexus 4, but it was never called a Galaxy Nexus. That is what some users called it, but it was never an official name. It was just the Samsung Nexus phone. There is no verification that Samsung is making the next line of the Nexus phone either. With the release of the Googlorola Moto X, it is very likely you will see the next Nexus be a Moto phone.

Unless of course your talking about the same phone KSoD is in his first post and you mean the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition. Which is much different than a Nexus device. It is still a branded phone just with skinned android, just like the HTC One Google Edition. They are not Nexus devices, they just run a skinned version of Android. Just read the reviews about the S4 Google Edition. It still has Touchwiz, which cant be done on pure Android. It can only be done with a Samsung phones. So they just skinned TouchWiz to look like stock.

But yes, they are still very expensive. $650 for a phone that runs a skinned TouchWiz is nothing to shake a stick at.

I have the Nexus S, by Samsung and it's starting to slow down.... IT'S NOT EV EN 2 YEASRS OLD!!!!!!

I paid $800 for it too.

I may need to look into a reinstall of Android.

I have the Nexus S, by Samsung and it's starting to slow down.... IT'S NOT EV EN 2 YEASRS OLD!!!!!!

I paid $800 for it too.

I may need to look into a reinstall of Android.

If you're rooted, then you can run Lagfix. Its an implementation of fstrim on Android and works quite well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Wouldn't a nexus be rooted already?

Oddly enough, no. You actually still have to push Root to even a Nexus device. Mainly only custom ROMS are rooted by default. Even now CyanogenMod is starting to limit the type of Root. You actually have to go into the Dev options to enable it for ABD if you want. I think it is only set for Apps be default now install of full access.

Nexus S Guide- Unlock Bootloader, Root, Install Custom Recoveries & Custom ROMs - xda-developers

That should be everything you need to get you started for the device.

Back
Top Bottom