Google makes change to show newest results first

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Official Google Blog: Giving you fresher, more recent search results

We completed our Caffeine web indexing system last year, which allows us to crawl and index the web for fresh content quickly on an enormous scale. Building upon the momentum from Caffeine, today we're making a significant improvement to our ranking algorithm that impacts roughly 35 percent of searches and better determines when to give you more up-to-date relevant results for these varying degrees of freshness.

very useful for researching on the net. usually want the newest information

oddly enough, this and the changes to yahoo's search box has me thinking i need to change to google.

yahoo's top search box always moves the cusor to the beginning when on results pages. i click the end to add another keyword and the stinkin thing moves to the beginning. i enter it so fast, i dont notice until after pressing enter.

ugh,

research has shown that yahoos results are more accurate.

Yahoo and Bing Search Results are more accurate than Google

Shouldn't be something that I should have to turn off in the "settings" the reason Google got big was because of how simple it was, and clean it was.

Yea, eating up precious bandwidth constantly refreshing that page for every letter for us people on slower and highly limited connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom