good modern RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kraut said:
I like the Earth and Age of Empires series. I think one of the best RTS games ever made was C&C Red Alert. Other than that i havent played too many RTS lately.....

C&C Red Alert 2 was one of the best i have played :) and yuri's revenge ;)

just wonderin if there is anything out there similar to Blitzkrieg/Sudden Strike. i dont like the whole big game of rock paper scissors that most rts games do (generals for eg - tanks bad against infantry, good against light armour etc). what i liked about blitzkrieg in particular was that the units were realistically balanced - a tank could take out an infantry squad or two on open ground but would get beaten by infantry in a town due to close quarters. the line of sight principle was good too for setting up ambushes.

so are there any games similar to that around?

PS really didnt like Blitzkrieg 2 cos they tried to do the whole 3d thing.

Well if age is an issure, go with Empire earth, you can go from stone age or something to like year 4000

if not go with warcraft 3 NOT expansion(Where all the newbs are)
or Starcraft Broodwar... Yes i know

Is there any newer RTS out there that is like Red Alert 2 as in it is actually based on weapons that people us RIGHT NOW, nothing futuristic or old fashion.

RockyZ said:
Is there any newer RTS out there that is like Red Alert 2 as in it is actually based on weapons that people us RIGHT NOW, nothing futuristic or old fashion.

nothing but the C&C series. tiberian sun is a bit futuristic but all the others use weapons from post WWII. i mean nothing much has really changed since then anyway.

there is also real war which is an absolute shocker of a game. stay away unless u can get it for real cheap or for free.

nothing else really comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom