Goldeneye:Source (FREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like2game

Baseband Member
Well i am just posting this up here for anyone who use to love playing Goldeneye on N64. A group of talented devs remade it on the source engine. It is a free download that is in Beta3 (dont worry it works perfect). I think you need the source engine to be able to play but i am not sure. I can say that this is a dream come true for me and a lot of others. The graphics and sound are amazing, better than CS:S. The gameplay is the same as it was on N64, breathtaking. The controls are as tight as they are on CS:S. Simply put, this game is worth $60 easy, being free is just to awesome. Here is the link, hope to golden gun shoot you in the basement soon :)

Home .:: GoldenEye: Source ::. A HL2 Modification

Woa how did I not know of this O_O. Can't wait to give it a try after work, thanks dude!
Man that brings back memories.

I haven't even looked at this but OMG this is like the greatest thing evar! I've been wanting to bust out my old 64 just to play Goldeneye.

can you play it without having any of the source games? I don't considering this is a mod :(

I am not sure about this, most mods require you to have the source engine i think. I had it already so it just loaded up for me. I am not sure if it would have came with it if not. You can catch deals on steam at times and get CS:S or TF2 for $10. Orange Box (HL2 series, Portal, and TF2) is only $30, it is more than worth it IMO.

Ya i should have mentioned it is multiplayer only, but to be honest that is all 99% of the masses fell in love with Goldeneye for. I doubt most people would have even played through the campaign again. For today's standards the single player style, trial and error + memorization, is outdated and replaced with more intuitive based sandbox oriented gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom