George Foreman Grill thingymajigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
waynejkruse10 said:
Isnt "Heathy hanburgers" a contradiction.
It's a relative statement. A hamburger done on a grill like this IS a healthy hamburger, because it is a heck of a lot healthier for you than done the regular way.

My dad has always liked the George Foreman products. He has a grill up in ooone of our cainets somewhere. All I know is that his food beats restaurant food by a longshot.

I used to like the GF grills, but after the original came out, the design hasn't really changed at all. It seems like all they've done is either make it bigger, or change the colors.

Hamilton-Beach on the other hand has taken the design and really added some great features that make it a much better appliance to use. Removable trays, sturdier construction, better drip trays, more durable surfaces, built-in timers, safety features like auto-shutoff, and a much more efficient heating coil system.

Sorry George, but while the idea was good, I go for the quality product.

It's a relative statement. A hamburger done on a grill like this IS a healthy hamburger, because it is a heck of a lot healthier for you than done the regular way.

Yeah, i agree its a lot healthier than when cooked without the special grills. But hambuger patties in the first place isnt that healthy.

Wayne

Actually, they are perfectly fine. If you buy good meat (80% lean) and you grill it this way, you've got a pretty healthy meal. The bad comes not from eating meat, but in how it's prepared. Less fat is good, and you'll find a lot of the bad also comes from what's put on the burger. Cheese is almost pure fat, any sauces are just bad for you ('sept maybe ketchup and mustard) and there's a ton of carbs in bread. If you buy a fast-food burger, you're not only getting a lump of grease and fat, but you're also getting all the stuff they put into the food to make the taste and food last. Preservatives and additives will mount up to a major blow against any diet.

If you buy lean hamburger meat, grill it on a GF or HB grill, put low-fat cheese on it and sauces with "healthier" content, on weat or potato bread, you've got a very healthy burger that will also taste pretty good. Seasonings don't often add to fat, mostly just salt and a little calories, so you can season your burgers safely too.

I concur. Here's another thought, salad in itself is healthier, but most people (including myself) douse it in dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom