Gateway 3800 HGV-B with AT&T

Puppyluvr

Beta member
Okay, I probably don't know what I am talking about--this is way, way over my head. But I am getting a chirpping sound from either the Belkin battery thingy or the Gateway modem 3800 HGV-B. AT&T is coming out tomorrow to check but the guy thinks it is an encriptment error or a wiring problem. I hate AT&T but the only other Internet and phone provider around here is Comcast, who I hate more. I had DIRECTTV installed in Feb of this year but the chirpping didn't start until May of this year. This equipment is in a back room and by the time I get in here it is gone. It is like a smoke alarm, but "softer and genteler. Any suggestions or opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanx.

Last edited:
Okay, I probably don't know what I am talking about--this is way, way over my head. But I am getting a chirpping sound from either the Belkin battery thingy or the Gateway modem 3800 HGV-B. AT&T is coming out tomorrow to check but the guy thinks it is an encriptment error or a wiring problem. I hate AT&T but the only other Internet and phone provider around here is Comcast, who I hate more. I had DIRECTTV installed in Feb of this year but the chirpping didn't start until May of this year. This equipment is in a back room and by the time I get in here it is gone. It is like a smoke alarm, but "softer and genteler. Any suggestions or opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanx.

Have the technician check the modem and test it and the wires.
Have him show you the results he finds to confirm whats gong on.
Never heard of a dsl modem doing that.

Comcast maybe hated by many people, but the internet/cable modem services is better than ATT or direct tv.
Ask a comcast represenative if you can get only internet service for under 50 bucks.
The modem you can buy or we can recommend one that comcast will accept.

Back
Top Bottom