Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50c - $1

• $1+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, we need to use Edward's plan...and charge companies a LOAD for pollution and then use their money to develop alternative fuels.

Yes and in return make us pay more. Either way were going to get ripped off.

That's a great point in all, but for some people that's just not on option. Some people don't have the chances of being able to walk to work or take a cab or bus.

yeah but i mean really there are a lot of people who CAN do this and it is an option. People back when it was proposed thought gas going over $1.2/gallon was insane.. whats to stop $4 from being normal in a few months... or $5 next year?

its going up anyway you look at it.......... why not add to it earlier? lolz

We can't completly save the environment, either way you look at it, we have to use something, we will always need oily substances to lubricate things, we use oil in plastics, we use it in nearly everything, only thing research MAY do is reduce the needs for oil, like the massive windfarms there building out in oceans now...

plus the whole idea of ridding your bike to get things only works if you are close enough. I live 9 miles outside of town and can't just bike to get things I need. (i.e. not everywhere is a city, there are still some of us who live away from "civilization" as I hear the city dwellers put it.) and even that 9 miles is only to a 3000+ population city. If I wanted to go to the 80K+ city, thats 80 miles away, theres a bike ride for ya)
There ya go. People in the US are very spread out, and public transportation does not exist in the vast majority of the US. I grew up about 8 miles out of town. There was no way the whole family could hop on bikes and ride into town when we needed to go.

Treehugging is fine, but I wish they would go to another country to do it. All the extremist views really get on my nerves.

lol i hardly call this an extremist view but theres always times you COULD use some other kind of transportation other than driving yourself even if its just hopping in the car with a friend...

k, i'll restate my post so it's not too political. althought i don't know HOW THE **** WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DISCUSS THE IDEA OF A GAS TAX WITHOUT SOME POLITICS.

a gas tax is completely unnecessary. we have all of the funding we need to research alternative energy held up in a war that, arguably, we may or may not be able to even win. something like saving our environment is a war we CAN win and, IMO, is more worthy of hundreds of billions of dollars.

but its more fun to blow up iraqies saying were destroying terror :p

sorry couldn't help it....

I agree but my strongest thought on this has to do with the fact that people who can might actually buy a more efficient car or grab a train / bus to the airport rather than driving...

Not to say driving isn't necessary, but theres a lot of times it could be avoided IMO

kind of. unfortunately, our cities are set up with the assumption everyone can ride in a motorized vehicle of some sort. many cities in europe, however, are designed to allow people to walk, ride bikes, use pub. transportation with little problems.

we have all of the funding we need to research alternative energy held up in a war that, arguably, we may or may not be able to even win.
Actually, we have more than enough funds, period. There is a lot of waste in government spending.

I'd love to see third-party contractors bring in accountants and go through the books, and that goes for federal and state. So much is wasted for pet projects and just pure ol' stupid stuff...

But, honestly, I'd rather have non-governmental scientists working on it. At least any progress made will be real progress and not something hacked together to justify more funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom