Gaming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok i'll kick off by saying i dont know where this get's put either hear or a hardwear section but i guessed seen its to do with a game i'll put it here

basicly in a few of the games i have installed (crysis and grid mainly) i get a strange graphics problem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/steven__9/crysiserror.jpg

^ if the pic helps any

basicly in grid it happens as soon as i load the game and the only way for me to get it sorted so i can actually play the game is by logging off my user (with the game still running) then log back on

the only way i found how to fix it with crysis is by setting the res at 1280x768

my system is in my sig and my hdtv can do up to 1920x1080.

any suggestions would be helpful

If it happens in pretty much every game or just most of them it could be a few things.

Instability in either CPU or video card overclock
Video card is dieing or the memory on it is bad
System memory is bad or going bad
Video card or memory seated poorly and should be taken out, dust blown out and reseated.
Cable to monitor on one or both ends is loose or damaged.

So that list should tell you what you need to check/try.

Edit: Seeing how though you say the problem goes away on lower res, then its more likely bad memory or bad video card memory.

You can try that ATI artifacting tool to see if its video card. Memtest for a few hours for RAM.

Few questions:

Does it happen in other games also?
Did it always happen or just start happening?
Are these the only games you've tried?
IS this a new PC that was built/purchased?
What Version of drivers are you running with the HD 4850?

Few questions:

Does it happen in other games also?
Did it always happen or just start happening?
Are these the only games you've tried?
IS this a new PC that was built/purchased?
What Version of drivers are you running with the HD 4850?

i've only tryed these 2 games with it but i've been running guild wars with a res of 1920x1080 maxed without a problem though out.

its just started happerning.

the only games i tryed is grid, crysis and guild wars (so far).

the pc, well all the parts where chosen last year (you guys here helped a lot) and i had it built for me.

am running drivers 09.3

EDIT - i've been playing the last remnant also without a problem, although it dose lag when i set it to all high (hearing its a problem with the game and ati drivers though)

If it happens in pretty much every game or just most of them it could be a few things.

Instability in either CPU or video card overclock
Video card is dieing or the memory on it is bad
System memory is bad or going bad
Video card or memory seated poorly and should be taken out, dust blown out and reseated.
Cable to monitor on one or both ends is loose or damaged.

So that list should tell you what you need to check/try.

Edit: Seeing how though you say the problem goes away on lower res, then its more likely bad memory or bad video card memory.

You can try that ATI artifacting tool to see if its video card. Memtest for a few hours for RAM.

Had my cpu overclocked till a week ago but set everything back to factory

EDIT -

ok have done a few things i have had memtest running for about 1 hour 20 so far with just that running (no errors so rar)

got rid of the OC i had (did that befor i started this)

i've took the side of my case and everything is seated properly to the content i'm happy with

the inside was dusty but not enough to do anything bad to the system but its clean not, totally spot less

BUT i spoted somthing when i had the side off (img below)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/steven__9/Image013.jpg

i noticed the sticker on the 4850 peeling and had a thourght could it be a overheating problem with the gpu?

Img of the suroundings of the gpu
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/steven__9/Image014.jpg

the side of the case dose have like a foam insert to reduce noise bit it is close to the cpu hsf, am thinking it could have somthing to do with it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/steven__9/Image015.jpg

and lastly a pic of memtest as of 10 mins befor this post (or at 2:18pm today)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/steven__9/memtest.jpg

about to stop memtest and run the ati tool for a hour or 2

You can use EXpertool or the ATI control panel to turn up the fan speed and monitor temps.

Overheating will also cause problems, can't believe I missed that one.

You can try that ATI artifacting tool to see if its video card. .

this used to be good advice but I think ATi tool is now obsolete with no recent updates and the continous updates of video card drivers. On 2 cards I tried ( 8800 gtx and 9800 gtx+ ), the ATI tool instantly gives off artifact errors when doing the test and other nvidia users have confirmed this, hence my new belief that Ati tool is far too outdated for its own good.

ATITool can crank up the fan, too.

Your GPU cooler doesn't vent to the outside, so you need to keep an eye on all your temps. You might want to consider adding in a fan to the side of your case to pull in outside air to feed your cooler, or to exhaust the hot air it is pumping out. Even a slot fan would help it out.

ok back on had a good sory out

i let my pc cool befor for a hour or so then i took the side off took everything out (well the ram and gpu) give them a good dust and put them back in, also cheacked everything was on ok and its all good

had the same error after that.

now i'm ruuning the ATItool to strees my gpu and i also got gpu-z running keeping a eye on the heat.

so far the atitool has been running 8mins (doing it as i post) and noticed its stressing the gpu to 95-99% load but the thing is that GPU-Z is stating the MEMIO is running 7c to 10c hotter then everything else is that normal

now the gpu is full load with a temp of 95c to 100c alltogeather soom ok or a bit to high

EDIT -

had the ati tool running for a little over a hour (like 30 secs over a hour) and it came up with nothing but i had gpu-z running logging the temps

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

thats the log if anyone is intrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom