games running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
scratch morrowind, tried it last night and it works fine, ive heard of many other people having trouble running ea games.

Elbatrop1 said:
right-click "My Computer">click "Manage">Click the icon for "Disk Defragmenter">Click the "Analyze" button>If it tells you that the disk needs defragmenting, click the "Defragment" button.

How long does it usaually take, I tried it and it took about 20 hours to defrag, which was quite a bit longer then I expected (I couldn't use the computer for an entire day) does it usaually take that long?

since he was already solved his problem and the topic has change. what exactly does defraging do?

do u lose any data that has been saved?

No you do not lose any data,Defrag just simply rearranges program files so that they are to gether instead of sperated through out the hard drive,defrag is like organizing your filing cabinet better for faster access.

This is nothing new, C&C has some lag during cut scenes, it has little to do with your system. As was mentioned, update and mantain your system. As to the question of defragging posed above, 20 hours seems about 19 hours to long for that function, your system will create a temporary file and copy moved files from there, you have to make sure there is some free space on the hard drive, if there isn't you can slow down the function to a crawl.

If it really pisses you off, you can make a iso of the cd, load up Daemon tools, mount it. And it should run faster. But this is a lil extreme. lol

lol, never played this game that much anyway, myself, like many others, have been sucked into the vortex of everquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom