Gaaah' I guess it's something illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Woops xD I thought I made an edit with my post and added in teh game name xD My bad! Anyways before I forget to, the name was FEAR

Fear would decimate that card. Its not even worth playing on a fx5200/radeon 9200.

You can upgrade to a card 4x better for the cost of fear :p.. like $80 aud for a 6600 which would run fear fine on low settings.

I installed the game yes, the name of the game is FEAR... I was told to just upgrade my NVidia Geforce4 MX 440 instead of bypassing it or whatever so yeah >.<

that would run the game easily.

You might even reach medium settings with it :D. Trust me, the better the graphics, the more scarier it is ;).

Dont worry mate, its still VERY scary with everything on low (how I had to play it on my old rig)

my friend plays with with his 9600xt fine at low graphics, its still pretty good.

If your rig has a 4 series card in it, it's nto worth upgrading.

new PC, NOW

What is this? Battle of the tards?

A Geforce4 MX 440 would get totally raped by FEAR, dont even bother trying to run it. The MX series is the crapo version of the gefore 4's, MAYBE a TI series could run it on low.

My suggestion would be to get at least a 9600xt if you really want to play it, that should get it running decently on medium at 800x600 which is all right.

Realistly I'd just bypass FEAR since it's more about the graphics than the gameplay.

Plus if your video card is a 4 mmx I have doubt about your other specs, 256 ram maybe and a 1.8 ghz processor or something would be my guess.

My friend ran fear with about 30-40 fps on medium at 800x600 with a 9600 pro, Athlon 2400+ and 1 gig of ram.

Short answer: Don't worry about playing fear until you can do a complete overhaul, it's not that great of a game if you can't jack the graphics up.

If you want a game that is really scary (moreso than fear) and will run on your computer, then get System shock 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom