Frontlines: Fuel of War - Is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar to quake wars, definitely not as good as bf2, graphics are sub par, although the environment is destructible i would suggest borrowing a friends because this game really inst quite that deep, although it does have single player whereas bf2 does not it still wont last as long as bf2 you will be bored with this piece within a week, for me it was 2 days

I played through single player and had a blast. I thought it was fun. No real replay value for single player and i'm not going to spend 50$ on it to do the same thing in multiplayer. its worth a borrow.

of course I couldnt re-play CoD4 either. Takes something spectacular in a FPS for me to want to play it more than once through.

i thought it was ok, multi player is fun imo but needs improvement and still buggy. i payed 50 for it and would rather i have not of...

Very similar to quake wars, definitely not as good as bf2, graphics are sub par, although the environment is destructible i would suggest borrowing a friends because this game really inst quite that deep, although it does have single player whereas bf2 does not it still wont last as long as bf2 you will be bored with this piece within a week, for me it was 2 days

how is it like quake wars at all?...

quake wars is quake meets battlefield... it has the great combat and movement from quake with the bunny hopping, strafe jumping, high hp, low weapon damage, multiple headshots for kills, awesome vehicles

then it mixes bf's ranking system by having ranks, but only leveling classes during each campaign (3 matches). It also expands on BF's objective system with various more specified tasks that require a certain class to complete. IE: the soldier must plant a charge to blow up the generator, the sniper must hack into the water system to do whatever, the constructor must fix or repair something

then the game is also unique because the classes across the two factions are very different! at first glance they seem the same, but you'll notice that you end up preferring one class or another because of their various quirks, pros and cons.

frontlines is like battlefield meets a wall... no graphical updates (horrible graphics in frontlines!), terrible weapon models, generic classes and horrible match leveling stuff... the little mechs and such are so useless... that was one of the few things that appealed to me... but now that I think about it its incredibly stupid! After tinkering with them in the 360 demo, I'll stay away from that crap... Little remote controlled choppers with missiles that can't kill a person? Thats my idea of gaming death...

honestly... i don't know why people hate it so much!!

its alot of fun, lots of flaws, but i still like it, not awesome, but its really fun :p at least i think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom