Free Spyware removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
Hi guys in the fountain of computer knowledge was just hoping to could recomend a free but excelent spyware removal tool. I have Mc Afee installed on my system and although I am sure it keeps nasty key loggers and trojans of my PC I don't think it keeps that likes oif tracking cookies and other crap that a dedicated spyware program would remove or stop from installing in the first place. So if you could recomend a free program for me I would be humbled by your wisdom.

cheers

Free Malware Removal Program: Malwarebytes
Free Spyware Removal Program: SUPERAntiSpyware

Note: I find free Malwarebytes to be the best, but SUPERAntiSpyware provides realtime protection freely

Also you ask for free Spyware removal tool, but you are running a paid Antivirus software which includes some spyware protection, see here: McAfee®
Fast Anti-Virus and Anti-spyware Protection
Detects, blocks, and removes viruses, spyware, adware and rootkits.
Although I feel McAfee is not a good scanner anyway, to save doubling up on these things you might want to uninstall it, and try a more lighter but better (IMO) FREE Antivirus, to go with your FREE spyware removal tool ;)

I thought I was going to get spyware on my pc but when I scanned with the antimalware it come back with nothing on my pc

Just be sure to do scans with more than one scanner

Such as
adaware SE personnel (Might be called something else now)
Spybot search and destroy

And use a program called spywareblaster as well.

I also suggest using opera and updating windows at least once every two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom