Free File Copy Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Looking for something that can copy the same name file (file1.doc) and rename it to something different (file1(2).doc) every time it copies something (file1.doc) to the destination folder, sorta like the way Vista does it, but need for XP.

Thanks.

It should be the same for XP. That part of the OS wasnt changed from XP to Vista.

Most likely would have to do a batch file.

It wont, asks if I only want to replace the 1st file w/ 2nd. In Vista, gives me the option to instead rename the 2nd file w/ another name.

It wont keep the same file w/ a different name, it asks you if you want to overwrite the existing file, or not (and it will not copy it).

Cant rename the files in the origination folder, they are locked.

As i said. You will most likely have to do a batch file that will rename the files as it moves them.

Thanks Mak. How do I do that? I'm trying to backup MP3 files from my MP3 player. Problem I have is w/ songs that are "Track 01.mp3"...there are a lot of them.

Thanks!

It would be done with just notepad. Your best bet is to Google around on how to make batch files or even as in the programming section of the site for help on how to create a batch file to do this.

I have only created a few simple batch files myself so i dont know all that much about them.

OK, maybe then you all can help me get to rename the files in the MP3 folder.

I have my MP3 player hooked up to my computer via USB cable. When I go to My Computer, I look into "System Folders" and I can find all the MP3's there, but I dont have the ability to rename them all at once, it's some sort of GUI from Creative. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thru the Creative GUI? I dont think you can. That would be something to contact them about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom