FPS Question: WoW & 8800GTX 768mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

foskey

Baseband Member
For those that play wow or even in general could tell me if the performance I'm receiving is normal, I'm getting some fps drops occasionally in WoW (Which is extremely noticeable when running 60 fps w/ vsync) so I'll post what settings I'm actually using + mod memory.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1086/wowscrnshot082107113442iq3.jpg

For those that play, while in Shattrath with these settings, also other examples would be SSC Trash pulls, Shade of Aran, and other areas that have a bunch of textures to render in the distance or what not, my fps drops down to 30-45. The antisotropic filtering and 8x multisampling really don't affect my fps going down or up when I change those two around, but when I change the terrain distance to the lowest setting (with everything else on high) I get 60 constant which makes me wonder if all the distance textures are really making me lose that many frames.

My setup is an Athlon 64 X2 6000+, 2GB G.Skill Ram, 8800GTX 768mb, 520w psu and 320gb hdd.

So I guess my question is if this performance is normal for my setup? since I tend to get frustrated when my fps goes low :(. I appreciate you guys taking the time to read my thread, and I look forward to your feedback.

What resolution are you running at. Im running wow with everything at full and only drop to around 50 fps at 1920x1200 on a gts when the screen fills up.

From what ive heard though, there is a framerate problem with 8800s and wow. You might try the tech support forums over at blizzard. Personally i havent had any problems with wow on my gts so i'll just keep my fingers crossed and knock on wood.

From the screenie I took, it shows what I choose for my video settings and I run at 1280x1024. Since it is tuesday though I'll toss blizz a phone call to see if they have heard of anyone having problems. Glad to get input, just that I get over 100fps in Counter-strike Source and since WoW has lesser graphics than it, I would assume that no matter what goes on I really shouldnt be falling under 60.

Don't underestimate the graphic intensity of wow. If you turn everything to full you can see for a LONG time. Example, if im in AB i can basically see the entire map from the lumber mill.

i think i know what happened.. on Halo the vertical sync locks it at a FPS, based on the screen refresh rate, what you could do is increase the refresh rate all the way up, but that still limits the highest you can get, or just turn off V-Sync and it'll let you go as high or low as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom