Formating

Status
Not open for further replies.

recon

Beta member
I am not a computer genius, I just know how to run a couple programs and use the installation wizards :p . Anyway, my computer is so full of crap, I want to format it and start from scratch. These are probably simple answered questions but:

I know I have to start up windows (im using XP) in msdos and type in c:\format c: . First question is how do I get windows xp in msdos?

Then, how do I reinstall XP? Do I need to make a boot disk, or will just the XP cd work? Are there any other surprises I should watch out for while installing, or is it pretty straight forward?

Now that xp is installed, I know I have to spend a bunch of time reinstalling everything. I was told to get my network card driver first so I can use the internet to get the others(I have most on cd anyway).

Right now I have norton antivirus 2003 on my comp. My brother has the cd but he is living in another city. I have my norton 2002 cd, would that program be sufficient until I can upgrade to 2004?

I have e-mail accounts with my isp, and I am using outlook express. Do I have to contact my isp to get them working again?

I also have dsl internet. After I format do I have to install any software? Or is it just plug and play?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have almost no idea what im doing,

Thanks in advance,

Brady

Oops, I meant to post it in the Operating Systems and Software, not the tutorial section :mad: ! Could an admin move it for me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom