Folding@home GPU2 6.12 beta 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
g80 or higher only guys

Also only the HD 3xxx and 2xxx series support folding

Thanks for pointing out the g80 only vernong.

Forgot to say it in my post :(

Things working like a charm so far,Just started a little 5000wu about half hour ago and i'm already 40% done :)

Nvidia cards are owning ati cards at folding right now.

Shumway, youre 8600gts gets as much ppd as an hd3870, just so you know.

Oh I forgot something.. (surprised Rican didn't catch this...)

but HD 2xxx are supported by GPU Folding

Well just started folding again and i'm not really interested in points but its nice to know ;)

Another thing with running this client on Nvidia is that you will have to run the 174.55 version of the drivers (CUDA)

Download CUDA Code - complete and free toolkit for creating derivative works

I guess this driver has a bit of problems with fps in gaming but if you want to fold you are going to have to sacrifice.

Oh I forgot something.. (surprised Rican didn't catch this...)

but HD 2xxx are supported by GPU Folding

Thats a different client, the same the runs the hd3xxx cards.

This client is only for nvidia gpu's, that support cuda.

Anything from the 8400gs and up can run it, and even the 8400gs can make 900ppd, which is as much as the ps3.

Well just started folding again and i'm not really interested in points but its nice to know ;)

Another thing with running this client on Nvidia is that you will have to run the 174.55 version of the drivers (CUDA)

Download CUDA Code - complete and free toolkit for creating derivative works

I guess this driver has a bit of problems with fps in gaming but if you want to fold you are going to have to sacrifice.

The forceware 177 drivers work better, but they must be installed with a modifed .inf file

Look around on the fah forums and youll see plenty of information and ppd averages as well.

In fact, i created the thread there, lol.

Fricking Wicked. So glad they got a client for nVidia GPU's finally. Now i can rock on with my 8600GT. :D

Faster than my P4...

Defenitly faster that my pentium d :p

I had a little wu @ 1500 on my cpu since yesterday morning and it was only @ 900 when i decided to get rid of it a little while ago.

Already on my second wu @ 5000 on my 8600GTS :D

My first WU is 5000 and i am already at 800 out of 5000 and been running only 20 minutes. Not bad. Time to OC the card a bit more to get more out of F@H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom