Flash player for android tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, it is Device Specific now. Since your device is compatible, it will show up. The Captivate my wife has which only ran Android 2.1, up till a few days ago, didnt show Flash Player yet her Galaxy Tab does which runs Android 2.2 on it. Now that it has been updated to Android 2.2, it shows Flash. Just like my Atrix and my Tab. So if it isnt showing, that tells me that the Android Market is not setup properly for that device and Google must be notified that this device is capable of running Flash.

It isnt a well known device. I didnt even hear of it till this topic. It barely has any reviews out there and given the specs, it isnt going to really be in high demand over the devices out there now. So it wouldnt surprise me if this device fell under the radar and the market isnt setup by Google properly for it.

Two things: I have downloaded Skyfire, but it is apparently compatible with my phone not my device - which makes no sense because this isn't connected to a line. Also, I noticed it's running Android 1.6 - in which case I'm screwed.

You sure it's running 1.6? That's pretty old... Should find a way if you can update it to at least 2.1 or 2.2.

You sure it's running 1.6? That's pretty old... Should find a way if you can update it to at least 2.1 or 2.2.

I'm going to break down and call technical support for the company tomorrow. I really don't want a $160 paperweight ... Thanks for all your help (everyone).

Two things: I have downloaded Skyfire, but it is apparently compatible with my phone not my device - which makes no sense because this isn't connected to a line. Also, I noticed it's running Android 1.6 - in which case I'm screwed.

It can still be compatible with your device. I have a WiFi only device myself and just cause it isnt a phone doesnt mean that apps are not compatible. They are after all just apps. So the line of logic isnt right at all. It is able to be installed. There are so many apps that I can get on my phone but cant get on my tablet.

WhatsApp
Kik
LiveProfile

To just name a few. They can all be downloaded and installed on my phone, but not my tablet. So yes this is what happens. If the market was fully open, I would see such apps on my tablet cause I know they exist. I have them on another Android device. Some apps are only compatible with phones cause they are tied to the number you have while other apps can be installed on any device that has the ability to connect to the internet.

Yes if you only have 1.6 on there then that would completely explain why you cant get Flash on there. I would definately call them and find out why your device is running such an old version of Android when their website claims that it runs Android 2.2 for all their devices. There will have to be an update that has to be done.

I felt the need to share this little bit of information with all who tried to help me with my tablet. I called Sungale's tech support. I spoke to a kind woman about my issues (listed above). She started to get flustered, so she asked me to please e-mail her my concerns so she could get back to me. She said, "yeah, just send me the problems in an e-mail and I'll let you know when China gets back to me." Do you think China is a person? :hrmph:

Lol they're probably just a tech department for the actual company that is probably located in China or something.

Ummm , hello, Chinas a person, though technicaly a women, she looks like a guy.........

ChynaPicture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom