Flash no longer Vista x64 compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could understand dropping x64 XP but Vista's a bit suprising.

I still use XP x64, on my office pc and I have no plans on ever changing. It is surprising that Vista x64 is being dropped.

Let me ask this. How can they stop support for Vista 64 Bit when it has almost the same exact code as Vista 32 Bit? Are you sure they are just not going to support IE 64 Bit in Vista? Cause the fact is almost every browser you run in Vista 64 Bit is a 32 Bit Browser. So how is it exactly they plan on stopping support for a 64 Bit OS when the browsers are not 64 Bit but 32 Bit? This makes no sense to me at all.

They would have to stop support for Server 2K3 as well as Vista since the coding is so similar to XP X64 and Vista 64. I highly doubt that is the case. I just think they are not going to allow 64 Bit Flash Support for the 2 64 Bit Browsers.

Vista 64 now supports Win7 64 Bit is what I see. Cause I know that Win7 64 Bit works. I use it myself. I can see dropping support fo XP X64, since that coding is based off of a server based OS. I would say that you could just use the Win7 64 Bit version in Vista 64 Bit and it will work fine. Wont be the case for XP. But as I said previously, they use 32 Bit browsers. So there is no way that they could drop support, they just added it to another version. If not IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and the rest would not have Flash support in Vista 64 Bit since they are all 32 Bit Browsers. There is only 2 64 Bit Browsers to date. IE 64 Bit that comes with 64 Bit windows and Firefox Nightly 64 Bit. So Adobe is just condensing the amount of versions listed.

It says

"Flash Player mnemonic
Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (3.59 MB)

Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox
Do you have a different operating system or browser?

Note:Flash Player does not support 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista. Flash Player 11 now includes support for Windows 7 64-bit.
"

I understand that. But if you read what I have been saying, there is no way they can do this. Cause the coding is not that much different from Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 Bit. Not to mention the fact that the browsers are 32 Bit themselves. So despite what their website is saying, it isnt possible cause there is no way that it can be done. At least not for Vista. For XP X64, yes. That is completely different code. But Vista 64 Bit is not that different than Vista 32 Bit. I bet you can still use the Vista 32 Bit version or possibly the Win7 64 Bit version to install within Vista 64 Bit to continue with Flash Support.

Adobe is making a serious fubar mistake on their site saying this cause anyone who knows anything about Windows knows that this cant be done. They would have to stop support for Vista as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom