Five reasons why BlackBerry is still winning in the enterprise - techrepublic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Five reasons why BlackBerry is still winning in the enterprise | Tech Sanity Check | TechRepublic.com

Five reasons why BlackBerry is still winning in the enterprise
Date: April 28th, 2010
Author: Jason Hiner

While Google Android and Apple iPhone are generating all the buzz in smartphones, BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion is still making all the right moves to win over companies and IT departments in the enterprise.

Android devices and iPhones are hot with consumers, and we're seeing more and more workers bringing these smartphones into the enterprise and connecting them to business systems, especially email and Web apps.

However, when it comes to smartphones that do deeper integration with business processes and the devices that companies deploy to their workers, BlackBerry remains the runaway leader. In fact, BlackBerry is actually growing stronger in the enterprise because its former archrival, Windows Mobile, has been floundering for the last couple years and Microsoft has recently decided to focus most of its attention on the consumer market with Windows Phone 7.

Based on my experience using and writing about BlackBerry and what I've seen and heard from developers and CIOs at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2010 in Orlando this week, here is why BlackBerry still dominates the enterprise:

good points in here as to why blackberries are superior to other phones. Blackberry has a longer track record to other phones which correlates to more money invested in decelopment. I thik one limiting factor is the need for the BES to gain certain fucntionality. I assume other phones do not have this requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom