First Gears of War 2 Footage Debuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Shacknews is hosting a new Gears Of War 2 trailer that shows off a lot of new gameplay, weapons and enemies. They have a small version and a high-res version available, here are a few screens from the video clip:

Introduced by series creator Cliff Bleszinski, the trailer is said to pack "chainsaw duels, large scale firefights with Locust Horde and stunning new visuals." An Xbox 360 exclusive, Gears of War 2 is slated to arrive in November.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

Same old ****...

I played GoW on PC a bit, couldn't stand it. Really boring, the singleplayer at least. I really couldn't get into the multiplayer either... It's a really ****ing hyped-up game..

I have it for the PC and rather enjoyed it. Got to Act 4 and had to format. :( I have it reinstalled and i will get back into it real soon. I found ti fun and a nice change of pace from all the FPS games.

Same old ****...

I played GoW on PC a bit, couldn't stand it. Really boring, the singleplayer at least. I really couldn't get into the multiplayer either... It's a really ****ing hyped-up game..

Same old ****? I doubt that very seriously. It looks like a winner to me, and from the looks of it, to the majority of game players around.

Same old ****? I doubt that very seriously. It looks like a winner to me, and from the looks of it, to the majority of game players around.

Well, I didn't like it; just ain't my cup of tea. It feels like one of those laser gun track rides you go to at the circus. I didn't find the singleplayer enjoyable at all, the graphics are a big 'meh' for me. You can argue about the multiplayer being tons better, but you can make that argument for any game. I just didn't like the gameplay dynamics at all. While the concept looks cool, it gets so repetitive: cover, roll, pop over, shoot, cover, pop over, shoot, roll, cover, pop over, shoot, flank, chainsaw, walk down a linear path, repeat.

This video shows nothing new really, doesn't look like they've changed much in gameplay or graphics at all, but that's still to be determined really, when more info comes out.

^I disagree, while most good TPS/FPSs do have the repetitive 'turn-around-the-corner-and-shoot' element, they will have something unique as well, like a vast open-ended level design with vehicles (Far Cry, Crysis), or a physics system that plays an important role in the games progression (HL2), or it could be graphics or even a stellar storyline. Yeah, we've been playing the *same* game over the past couple of decades, but these elements are key in making a unique experience.

IMO; GoW1 has a poor storyline, mediocre graphics, sub-par voice acting, a bare-bones physics system and as I played it, I never felt there was any attempt to make the game any less repetitive. The cover system got old and boring very quickly...

And I can't understand why people think it has brought anything new to the table, all its done is make an automated cover system with cool animations, the whole idea of crouching behind an object and leaning over or to the side and shooting has been in shooters for a very long time, the only difference here is that its automated (to make the concept of cover easier for console-gamers). I just think in terms of shooters, it was something refreshing for consoles and got a lot of well-deserved hype for that. It's a great game by gamepad-limited, console standards, but as a PC game? It's nothing close to special really.

Anyway, I've since watched some more GoW2-related videos, it seems they're doing a lot that'll improve the game, mainly in visuals and physics, this video is actually pretty cool: YouTube - Unreal Engine 3: Gears of war 2 physics + 100 locusts!

Take a look at the tech used for the upcoming game and how they've tweaked the graphics quite a bit. Plus, looks like battles will be massive.

i played it to death when i first got an xbox 360. looking back now, i don't know what i saw in it... well, it was the best game i'd ever played, but i kinda went from playing super mario bros and pokemon when i was little, to not playing video games for awhile, then i picked up gow and thought it was god basically.

but really, i've matured as a gamer. i played it a few weeks ago for the first time since i got cod4 (just popped it in 'cause i was really bored). and i thought it sucked.

unless my xbox 360 breaks before it comes out i'm sure i'll at least rent gow2... but i'm pretty sure it's going to be exactly like gow1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom