Finding an anonymous emailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBallard

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to track down an anonymous emailer in your apartment complex, off campus student housing? Someone who claims to be a girl has been emailing me with an anonymous email address @hotmail.com and says that I'm hot. I would like to find out if it's really coming from a girl and if so who's computer it's coming from. There are several wireless router points throughout the apartment complex.

I was wondering if there's a way to track down what "Computer Name" that these emails are being sent from, without having to pay all of this money in the process?

youve gotta choose - if you really do want to track ''her'' down - you have to pay

Nothing in life is free

you would need to goto the message properties and find the IP aderess in them - and then goto the site you wish to use to trace it

Note: if she is sharing a modem - it will give you the location of THAT modem - NOT the computer name she sent it from

I looked at the originating IP address in the header of the girl that it was sent to me by, then I looked at the originating IP address of an email that I had sent to myself from another email address that I own. The two IP address are the same. So I guess that means that the other person and I are on the same modem? Does that mean that there's no way to track her down?

I could be wrong, but I believe that any mail sent via hotmail will have the same originating address because the mail comes from hotmail's server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom