Feedback on my first Android app

MillField

Daemon Poster
Hey guys! I've been learning Android development over the last few months and I've just released my first app. The app is called "Travel Log". Its purpose is to provide an easy way of logging countries that you have been to. It includes some other features as well.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate a review or star rating on the Play Store if you get a chance. The app is free and takes up very little memory. **Please note: the Google Maps feature temporarily not working. I am working on a fix.**

Here is a link to the app

Thanks for any feedback! :D

Looking good! Maybe for your next version you could mark the countries visited a different colour on the map? Good work

Looking good! Maybe for your next version you could mark the countries visited a different colour on the map? Good work

Thanks for the feedback! Yes I'm now going to try get some more dynamic features such as a colour map as you suggested and some more statistics.

I understand the purpose, but isn't GeoLocation pretty much attached to everything now?

I mean I can tag my location on my G+ posts right from my phone. I can check in using 4 Square. So really isn't that the same basic concept?

Just wondering what the draw of this app would be over such tools that are already available, tested with millions of devices and simplistic to use already.

@Millfield:

Do you have a good tutorial on app-creation? I've tried to it only briefly over last summer, and couldn't quite figure it out (not really a fan of Eclipse... I'm too used to Visual Studio lol) as far as the GUI creation and such.

I understand the purpose, but isn't GeoLocation pretty much attached to everything now?

I mean I can tag my location on my G+ posts right from my phone. I can check in using 4 Square. So really isn't that the same basic concept?

Just wondering what the draw of this app would be over such tools that are already available, tested with millions of devices and simplistic to use already.

I realise that there are a lot of this type of app/service already, but I wanted to create a simple version for myself. I didn't really like the current ones on the market. They seem overly complicated and mostly rely on an Internet connection. M app is really simple right now but I plan on making it much more functional over the next while.

@Millfield:

Do you have a good tutorial on app-creation? I've tried to it only briefly over last summer, and couldn't quite figure it out (not really a fan of Eclipse... I'm too used to Visual Studio lol) as far as the GUI creation and such.

I find The New Boston videos to be really good. Also Android-er is really good and covers a lot of content. Once you start using Eclipse you'll love it! I think it's much better than visual studio!

Back
Top Bottom