fear crashing after new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
im playing the game at max, getting perfectly fluid framrates, and when ever i would straf around a corner the game crashes, have to restart comp. the first week i played fear w/ the new video card it was fine. now this happens. before i would check the temp after an hour of playing and the temp would be below 40*C.

Did you download the newest drivers off of www.nvidia.com? Or are you using the junk drivers off the CD?

Your also going to want to reformat. Everytime you replace a videocard, HD, motherboard, or (sometimes) soundcard, you always reformat your computer to avoid problems like these and for performance reasons.

they are drivers from the website and i have a 520 watt ps. does everyone agree i should reformat my hard drive. there saying i should just delet my old drivers, run driver cleaner, and do a fresh install.

Some wierd **** happens in the game. It is not your video card it is a bug in the game. There was one point in the game that everytime I got the the same spot my computer crashed and I had to restart. Finally I tried something else, instead of walking into the spot I jumped over it and the game did not crash anymore. So try something different.

FEAR has some bugs forsure, make sure you get a patch if you havnt done so already. I had this bug in FEAR where if i walked under a certain ladder it would crash, solution was to jump and press use so i could get ladder without hitting the floor spot, weird eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom