Far Cry 2 wont launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Installed, got a wocks32 error when launching but it launched never the less. Have done it 2 or 3 times since then. But now, when I launch the game, the flash screen comes up, a windowed mode version of the startup of the game flashes on screen for a second and then thats it. Nothing in the process window/task manager.

I can run it in safe mode, but who wants to do that.

Any suggestions?

Installed, got a wocks32 error when launching but it launched never the less. Have done it 2 or 3 times since then. But now, when I launch the game, the flash screen comes up, a windowed mode version of the startup of the game flashes on screen for a second and then thats it. Nothing in the process window/task manager.

I can run it in safe mode, but who wants to do that.

Any suggestions?

hmmm not a clue, I would suggest contacting UBI tech support but they seem already busy with all the bugs the game has ( which is a lot )

try and look on google to edit the start parameters to launch it in 1024x768 - then change the resolution in game, i'm pretty sure you can do it by editing the shortcut target.

Are you running it on XP or Vista? If on Vista then try running it in XP compatibility mode. Also, make sure your OS is completely patched (newest DX, service packs, etc.)

Got it working yesterday, just started working all of a sudden.

Its a great game, and I havent experience too many bugs yet. But still, I can brush those aside for the excellent gameplay and feel too it. This game has really sucked me in, its like an FPS GTA in africa + the far cry style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom