fans turn on but nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure the Motherboard supports the CPU your installing.
Go to the MB Maker website and see if theres a manual available for it.

I'll try unplugging everything and putting it back in.

i've already made sure it was mounted corectly. It is a 400mhz pentium 2 its not that hard to mount those things to the motherboard.

the fans are not connected to the motherboard. But the powerbutton is and it has to go through the motherboard to the powersupply to turn the computer on.

In the manual of my motherboard it says that it supports my psu.

wew! lots of stuff!

frieken hell, a 400MHZ P2? that's almost as fast as my P3!!

with a bad motherboard, it is normally just one part of the motherboard that is not functioning correctly; most of the motherboard is fine, so it is possible that the motherboard could still be able to turn on if the part that's faulty has nothing to do with the power connection

Is there any way i can test the motherboard to be sure. I can see what you mean by only part of it working because it is an nlx stile motherboard so if you don't know it has two parts to it. The only part that seems to be working is the part that is a 90 degree angle from the rest of the motherboard.

Also is it possible that it it is just a screw or something that is shorting out the other part of the board and if i take it out and put it back in it may work again?

by the way did you know that you can upgrade you socket 1 system with a slot 1 to socket 370 adaptor making the same system capable of 1.4ghz! just wanted to let you know. Also buy a celeron processor because they're way cheaper and you can get one that has a 256kb l2 catch like a pentium 3 (it is a pentium 3 but cheaper)

Ignore this box unless you are apokalipse

there are two pages now so click next

I have once again concluded that it is the cpu that is broken and not the motherboard. first of all when i took the cpu out of another computer my house it did the exact same thing that this computer is doing. and secondly I conected the case fan directly into the motherboard on the powersupply that is supossed to be for the cpu fan figuring that if this part of the motherboard is broken this fan will not turn on, the fan did turn on so the motherboard is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom