Fan Arrangement - Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merk, you CAN mount a side fan if you dont mind cutting up a fan a bit. If you cut off the corner of the can guard, it will fit. Also, as far as the positioning of the TRUE, i found it actually cools better vertically, but then again mine makes better contact with the cpu that way. So you might want to try it in multiple configurations. And yes, the rear is exhaust.

dude, thanks, I don't mind doing that at all... and I've thought about it now, having the air shooting upwards doesn't work entirely that well, theoritically, because you have air coming in horizontally, so the effort needed to pull it upwards cancels out any benefit, so I'm going to try it vertically like you said

btw, I''m in the process of finally getting my TRUE perfectly flat, it's been taking me 3 hours, 150 grit sandpaper (that's right...) and a lot of elbow grease, it was so convex from the beginning, I should've just sent it back for a new one I'm gonna finish it off with 400 and 600 grit (could'n't find any higher locally)

the workmanship on the sample I got was really terrible

Man i keep hearing about people having bad TRUEs it only took me about an hour with 400 grit on both the sink and cpu to get them both almost perfect. After you mount it the first time, take it off and check it, i actually got better temps when i rotated the sink 90 degrees because of how it was making contact with the cpu.

Hey, my temps have really improved. They are all almost even now, within 1-2 degrees of each other at most, and I'm not breaking 50 degrees while priming at 3.0GHz... that's not bad, it's a great improvement, but not perfect I guess

yeah, and I can't emphasize enough how bad my TRUE was

*** 1337 post

Glad to see an improvement. And congrats on the 1337 posts.

I'm also looking forward to lapping my TRUE. I don't think the finish was that bad, but it has a rather large deep scratch, right through the middle of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom