Facebook using my grandmother's computer as a "dump server"?

SUPERUSER

Beta member
I observed this when she first noticed her HDD was full, i am an IT in training so i began to go through the process of diagnosing this problem. what i noticed was random facebook profile pictures (of which were not even her friends...) as well as JScript files where getting dumped here. after running ccleaner the hard drive was returned to its normal state, but if this problem persists.. i don't want to go over to her house every week to empty her hard drive. I did a google search a with nothing found so i did some HTML5 Investigation using Chrome's F12 Menu (Editor menu?)
with just some minor nonblock and pill scripts.. anyone know how to fix this? i dont want to tell her she can never use this computer since its being used as facebook's Dump server. I run ubuntu without this problem and she runs win7. if that helps.

Sounds more like just an issue of the browser caching photos, because she's looking through a lot of pictures that people post & from their photo albums. Set her browser to delete cache on exit and it shouldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom