F.E.A.R suprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I have to disagree. FEAR is a very fun and enjoyable game. The bullettime is a really neat addition and the melee combat is really fun and easy to use. I really liked the story of FEAR and how there was a really nasty family tree at Armacham. Yes, the FEAR engine is awful as far as performance goes, but all you need to do is turn down some of the settings and your ok. You know, you don't ALWAYS have to have the settings maxed out to enjoy a game.

Bee, What ever happened to playing games for the gameplay?

You are right with some games, but F.E.A.R. exists purely for the graphics, there isn't that much gameplay there (although, as I said, its better than some other titles released this year). Its basically like Far Cry was. Those types of games you need to turn it all on.

beedubaya you're always complaining about graphics or making it sound like you need the best thing in 4x sli to get good performance. It runs fine on high for me witha 6800gs, I WONT need a new graphics card to play games like Oblivion, buying a new graphics card every time one comes out is just stupid.

Mr_Threepwood said:
beedubaya you're always complaining about graphics or making it sound like you need the best thing in 4x sli to get good performance. It runs fine on high for me witha 6800gs, I WONT need a new graphics card to play games like Oblivion, buying a new graphics card every time one comes out is just stupid.

We aren't talking about people needing new graphics cards for this game I didn't think. We are talking about how some of today's games such as F.E.A.R. aren't much more than graphics demos and how they aren't worth playing unless you can turn the graphics to at least medium settings.

I guess but I did actually find FEAR fun and didnt really think of it as a graphical thing since it doesnt really look any better then HL2 or doom 3. I totally agree with how they should do gameplay over graphics/physics engines. The best new game I have played has without a doubt been Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodines. In my opinion it was way more fun then fear since the whole game is about atmosphere and story. Sure it may be plagued with bugs and poor optimization, but I played through it because of the story and conversations.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was the best new game I've played. That game was the most recent game the really pulled me in to the point I almost forgot about the graphics or my framerate. I am not able to play SCCT completely maxed out with HDR, instead play it medium settings at 1280x1024, but its fun anyways. That is how a game should be.

SCCT was a really fun game, but FEAR drew me in more. IMO, FEAR is a fantastic fps, I was hooked from the intro to the explosion at the end. It was just so engaging. For about a week, FEAR was the only thing I played on my computer because it was like a really good book, a page turner. I wanted to see what happened next in the story, what is really going on, who the heck is Fettel, what do these flashbacks and hallucination mean? Gotta play more FEAR!!!

I just wish people could see how good FEAR really is.

d0ntcar3 said:
^^ Uh then your 7800gtx 512 is a piece of crap, cause my 1800xl plays F.E.A.R at max settings and i have never lagged other then 2 scenes of the game where it studdered. And i know that 7800 512 is a much better card.
im saying compared to other games... all other games in the world (well, at least the games i have) plays 100FPS on 1600x1200. NOT on F.E.A.R. (and cod2)
o and ppl who likes HL2(source) over BF2 seems to like F.E.A.R. also. im more to the BF2 type of guy.

beedubaya said:
F.E.A.R. is not really a game at all, its a horribly unoptimized graphics demo. Like he said, today's best cards see framerate problems at "low" resolutions like 1024x768. I play it at medium settings 1280x1024 on my 7800GT. Medium still looks pretty good but if you go much below that, its not worth playing.

i can't believe this, i have 6600 (not gt), and i play it on 1024x768 and with medium setting.
i think ur 7800gt must do better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom