Extending USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I am in the process of remodeling my basement and thought I could use some tips. I plan to have a LED HDTV in our basement living room, which will be connected to my PC which is in another room. First off I found this HDMI to Cat6 Converter that I use will to display the picture from the PC onto the TV using this: For only $16.10 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI® Over CAT5E / CAT6 Extender Wall Plate (Pair) - Single Port (1P) - White | HDMI Wall Plates . Now, I need something similar to this but only in USB because I want to create the USB connection from the computer and then run USB to Cat6 to the TV where I will plug in a wireless keyboard receiver so that the receiver is close to the TV and within distance. What do you recommend I use for USB to Cat6?? I want the cheapest possible solution :)

Thanks!

Someone else did this exact thing, maybe last month... Maybe 2 come to think of it... So try a search as there was a good talk on max length and such.

That one I posted said you could make it up to 500 feet. I can't imagine you would need that much XD but still it's nice to know you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom