Empire: Total War Demo Today !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, after speaking to Yamikotai on steam i decided to give the Rome total war compaign a shot without the tutorial. Wtf am i supposed to be doing :p and i keep getting assignments to take over places in 10 goes which are ages away, i can't even get there in time :p

This stuff confusing, i was in -7000denari debt, then overtook some gaul village/town and bumped taxes up really high on the rest of my settlements so now im +2000 and trainign building crap.

Ive killed several armies which was also fun.

The campaign does seem very fun :) it's just a shame i am a little confused what im supposed to be achieving.

World domination is the aim of the game

There are lots of elements to the game but a brief run down is
People need to be happy use taxes to do this try and keep them 100+ loyalty and the max money you can get out of them.
Use family members with high command to lead armies and family members who are less adept to run towns
Food = more population which allows for a more advanced city
Trade is your main source of income so make lots of trade rights with neighbours
You can ignore the messages but you get rewards if you follow them which are normally very beneficial

I also went through some other basic tactics on another thread on rtw

Im my god i want to try this game so bad, I m a big fan of the rome total war series but i didnt like the medieval 2. I can play it in a week and a half i have to take care of some personal issues before i inmerse myself in WAR!

Honestly...I was a bit disappointed with the demo. Naval battles are very cool indeed, but the beauty of Total War is the campaign IMO. They really should have released some campaign snippets as part of this demo. Also, I agree with whoever was talking about the lack of power in the units (I think it was Saltynay) and I also think the movement of the troops is crummy. At least compared to M2TW.

Gripes over with, it's still definitely a buy for me. I think it's impossible to release a good demo with a game as massive as this will be and I have faith that the full deal will be well worth it.

Probably crap :p

I'm aquiring the game to play till i have money, then i'm buying it when i do (Because i love Creative Assembly :)). I have no money atm :mad: But i can't not play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom