Email Address @mysite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
Ok well lets put it this way, if I wanted very confidential email say the harddrive that stores messages on my home computer but at the same time what to be able to access it remotely, how could i go about doing it?

I know about outlook yes...but I hate that program and it ports etc (just cancel that out)

What i am asking is how can i host mail from my home computer andaccess it on the web with the storage device being on my computer and all this without outlook, bare with me lol.

This might all sound a little confusing but plz ansa would be very much appreciated :D.

lea0001

I i understand you correctly you want to set up your own email server from your home computer. To be honest i wouldnt bother, if you are worried about the security of your emails then use some form of encryption. When someone sends you an email copies of it can end up all over the place, the only way to stop people being able to read them is to encrypt them. In all honesty your emails are probably just as secure on your ISPs email server as they are on any you can set up. Even if you set up your own server it doesnt stop the fact that someone could intercept your emails if they want to, encryption, at least with encryption if someone intercepts your email it means nothing to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom