eliminate need for HDD password.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

asummers

Beta member
I have an older Dell latitude notebook that i forgot the user password on.....i logged on as admin and just deleted the user with the forgotten password.

But for some stupid reason I created a HDD password.........i KNOW this password, and I can get into the computer like normal........I want to eliminate the requirement to punch in this HDD password every time I start the laptop....I just want to go right to the windows username/password screen.

Any help?...

As I said, i KNOW the password....

Thanks

Andrew

The only way to do this is to get into Windows normally and remove the drive password the same way you put it on. You might be able to do it via the Admin account just like you did to remove the forgotten password.

If this is a hardware level password, it is most likely set via your BIOS, as my Dell Vostro has a HDD Password setting under the system security settings. Be careful messing with them settings, if you type it in wrong, or anything, you can brick the drive, or worse, your whole laptop.... (Happened to me once)

If this is a hardware level password, it is most likely set via your BIOS, as my Dell Vostro has a HDD Password setting under the system security settings. Be careful messing with them settings, if you type it in wrong, or anything, you can brick the drive, or worse, your whole laptop.... (Happened to me once)

c0rr0sive is correct. HDD passwords are usually set in the BIOS. On bootup, hit the DEL or F2 to access your bios and then go into the 'Security' part of it and clear out your HDD password and it should boot without a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom