electrician type question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
hi folks

I want to buy some things for relatives in a foreign country...
things that we buy here in the US needing something like 110v...to go to a country that uses 220 volts....

aside from many devices that have 110/220 switches...do you think it is relatively easy for someone to hook up something from another country and have it work ok? If they know an electrician, would it be an easy and cheap thing for them to do?

just use a reliable conversion plug, We moved from the US to the UK 12 years ago but still have the same stackable cd/radio/amp we bought in the US and it is permenantly plugged into a a multi plug adapter with fuse.

what saltynay said... you can usually go to a RadioShack (ugh, hate that place) and pick up a conversion plug. Most come in packages depending on the zone you'll be in.

well....I know about the socket converters and dual volt devices

;) thanks guys...

but I just wanted to know how easy or inexpensive it could be for them...

I want to buy them a handful of indoor electronic items, and something for outdoor fixture.

If I were to buy say, 5 items that were less than $10 but each converter might cost a minimum $15...it kind of makes it a pain. So I was just wondering the logistics of it all. Buying online, products tend to not give you as much data as you need. Looking in brick and mortar shops is much easier, but can take a while while you stand there and try to spot something.

hmmm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom