Dya think this will be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok so ill cut a long story short:
I have an Acer ASPIRE 5315 laptop lying around and after hours and hours and hours of trying i have just managed to get OSX to install on it (for hackintosh) now my problem is this laptop had a well known issue where by the the fan was controlled by software within windows vista (which is shipped with by default). without this software after 30-40 mins the laptop cuts out to save overheating, but there is a BIOS update fix.. now my problem is i now dont have a copy of windows installed only a version of OSX.... so i thought that maybe i should try and flash the BIOS in MiniXP from a Hirens boot CD..
so think im likely to screw things up or will i get a brick (i know ideally it should be done in windows) but i dont have that option. i Did read that there is a DOS boot option but im not to sure on how to do that.
thoughts?

You can do it from within BIOS. There is normally an F# key you press to get into the BIOS flash. Otherwise, you can get to it in BIOS. I never updated BIOS through Windows, so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom