DVD drive does not recognize blank DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumpers are set correctly. I change the IDE cable but still have the same results. I did try finding it via NERO but it treats them as CD-R and when you start burning you get an erro message.

As for the mother board I downgraded to the original BIOS and still no luck. Looks like we are all stumpped.

Nooo, not my motherboard. It can't be more than 2 yr's old. I thought ASUS was one of the best MoBo companys.

They are, but they're not perfect. If you happen to have a spare mobo you can get your hands on then I would try your burners on those just to check. My old board was an ASUS and it was crap, kept getting random reboots and stuff, in fact I had problems with the IDE channel on my old board, the board would randomly freeze and on reboot it wouldn't detect the hard drives.

One last thing to try is to clear the CMOS and reset your BIOS and see if that helps.

Ok, I reset the BIOS so far the same things are happening except that I can see the blank DVD through Nero. Also I'm able to burn DVD'S again. I still can't view any movies but I just installed my old DVD-RW that does not burn DVD's but plays them fine.

Also my new DVD burner won't recognize my DVD games but the old one will so I think I'm just going to keep it this way. Besides you guys say that problems with DVD burners are fairly common so thanks guys.

Oh one more annoying thing. When I start up my computer just before the OS loads I get a screen to choose which operating system I want to use. But there are only two choises "Windows XP Pro" and "Windows XP Pro" (I'm not kidding). How can I get rid of this screen? If I choose the first windows XP there is not problem and the computer works fine. I just find this very annoying. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom