Dragonball Z Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry movie makers at least 5 years too late the DBZ buzz is over, itslike trying to make a new Pokeman movie.

thats true but some people dont even knoww what dbz is...so i guess it could go either ways....

but....it has to be something special when you consider the fact that its not a anime.

Sorry movie makers at least 5 years too late the DBZ buzz is over, itslike trying to make a new Pokeman movie.

Woah, when did he get banned? What happened? Can someone link me to the thread where this user-banning event happened? Now we don't have the token ps3/bluray-promoting lunatic anymore.... :(

Back on topic though, I would love to see DBZ done on a much more epic scale and geared towards an older audience, a trilogy that covers the Frieza, Android/Cell and Buu sagas. It would be very cool. If you can get good writers and actors, as well as excellent cinematography, add a bit more depth to the characters, make them darker and more believable, it could just be one of the best sci-fantasy movies ever made. I'd also gear the story towards Vegeta's favor, maybe making it so that when he self-destructs, he does in fact kill Buu and the story finishes off with his sacrifice.

There is what I call a 'cheese' element to consider, but look at the Batman movies, how you can go from super-ultra cheesy Adam West Batman and Tim Burton Batman, to something deeper, darker and more realistic like Nolan's Batman films. It's totally doable I think.

again, I refer everyone to the movie Casshern...catch the trailer for it...it is awesome

:D

completely doable dbz live action if done in this manor...but if done like the matrix, would suck. (i'm one of the few who think matrix was lame) :p

How long has the Transformers buzz been over and look at how big that movie broke. Batman is another one that broke huge and I don't think kids even know what batman is anymore.

again, I refer everyone to the movie Casshern...catch the trailer for it...it is awesome

:D

completely doable dbz live action if done in this manor...but if done like the matrix, would suck. (i'm one of the few who think matrix was lame) :p

Casshern seems to be an empty-shell wrapped around 2 or 3 spectacular action scenes. That's what I've heard, haven't seen it though. The little bit I have seen, I have to admit, stylistically, I like how they made it grittier and darker, in essence, giving it an air of realism in contrast to the flashy and at times cheesy-looking visuals of the classic cartoon show. But I don't know, some of the special effects were a little dinky looking, but for a $6M budget, it's actually incredibly impressive.

I think the Matrix was unbelievably awesome - what did you not like about it? (Except Keanu :p)

Casshern seems to be an empty-shell wrapped around 2 or 3 spectacular action scenes. That's what I've heard, haven't seen it though. The little bit I have seen, I have to admit, stylistically, I like how they made it grittier and darker, in essence, giving it an air of realism in contrast to the flashy and at times cheesy-looking visuals of the classic cartoon show. But I don't know, some of the special effects were a little dinky looking, but for a $6M budget, it's actually incredibly impressive.

I think the Matrix was unbelievably awesome - what did you not like about it? (Except Keanu :p)

not sure for others, but knowing martial arts myself, the fight scenes are horrible. The storyline is ok, but odd...I am talking about the last one? The one where he halted the machines in the "real" world?

and I actually like Keanu, lol

To me, Matrix was cheesy...like a dork fest gone bad...in which all the dorks actually think they are cool...taking themselves a little too serious, hehe.

Matrix - cosplay convention...with a serious twist

go rent Warriors of Virtue and Casshern...both combined would be a perfect basis for DBZ in terms of appearance and design. They really need people who know the stuff. Heck, even the funny man, Stephen Chow knows martial arts...and you realize it when you see him do it.

The first Matrix was really good second and third ones were ok glad they made sequels but with out a doubt original matrix was the best. They could hot have picked a better Neo. The casting all together was very good.

not sure for others, but knowing martial arts myself, the fight scenes are horrible. The storyline is ok, but odd...I am talking about the last one? The one where he halted the machines in the "real" world?

and I actually like Keanu, lol

To me, Matrix was cheesy...like a dork fest gone bad...in which all the dorks actually think they are cool...taking themselves a little too serious, hehe.

Matrix - cosplay convention...with a serious twist

go rent Warriors of Virtue and Casshern...both combined would be a perfect basis for DBZ in terms of appearance and design. They really need people who know the stuff. Heck, even the funny man, Stephen Chow knows martial arts...and you realize it when you see him do it.

I don't even consider the Matrix sequels as legitimate sequels to the greatness that is the original Matrix. The sequels were horrendous, over the top, completely unnecessary and exploitative, kinda like DragonBall GT actually.

I know what you mean about the martial arts not being truly authentic, but I personally like it that way: simplified and focused... I'd rather have talented actors who do some adequate martial arts training rather then really bad actors who are real life ninjas - I find those movies get distracting when it just focuses on martial arts on a technical level rather than making the moves relevant to every shot, as we see in Hollywood.

I don't see how you can get authentic martial arts into DBZ either... the manga and the TV show never portrayed their martial arts styles in that way, it was always over the top and unrealistic, like matching fist to fist punches, fighting and blocking with legs while crossing arms, doing back flip kicks, etc...

I don't agree with the Matrix being dorky, it actually has a tremendous amount of class for a movie of its genre and is a technical and artistic masterpiece in film making, I think one of the many defining films of our time.

What I find dorky are some fans who tend to focus a little too much on the superficial elements of the movie - and I also find the spin-offs and hype-machine pretty dorky (Animatrix, sequels, video game, bullet-time parodies, etc..) But as a standalone film, myself being a very picky film-enthusiast, watching it was one of the best experiences of my life, and I enjoy revisiting the film over and over again, picking up things I hadn't picked up before.

I will look into those two movies you suggested. Casshern looks really good in particular.

Yeah I would have to say the only way for this movie to not suck is to make it a computer animated film. Might actually be worth watching then. Make it like "Dragonball Begins" hehe. This show was the greatest back in the day.

The first Matrix was really good second and third ones were ok glad they made sequels but with out a doubt original matrix was the best. They could hot have picked a better Neo. The casting all together was very good.

If you read on IMDB about Will Smith, it says he turned down the position of Neo and regrets it the most of any of his career choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom