Download Limiting Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Baseband Member
I have ADSL and a D-Link DSL 504 Router and want to divide my 12GB download limit to 500MB daily. Does anyone know how to do this? My cable using friend told me about this (he has done it).

PS. I want to do this because my family want the good speeds of ADSL and i want downloads --- my mama always taught me to share :)

Rhys said:
I have ADSL and a D-Link DSL 504 Router and want to divide my 12GB download limit to 500MB daily. Does anyone know how to do this? My cable using friend told me about this (he has done it).

PS. I want to do this because my family want the good speeds of ADSL and i want downloads --- my mama always taught me to share :)

Rhys, in all the years i've been reading forums, i've never heard of a way to limit the amount of data you can D/L per day. Since your friend has somehow found the "magic" tool, i'd ask him/her.

(And yes...I agree with your mama... it's always good to share :)).

Discontinue this thread please

Sorry, i have been misinformed. D/w, there is no technical way. My friend jus watched his downloads. :eek:

Note: Junior Techie

It is OK .
install DUmeter and make it to let you know
when you reach 500MB with - Option ->Alert mark "during current day"
and when reach it unplug the router.....

I think there should be software way of limit but never
come to it....

you can use Super DU Controler to do that or bandwidth controller. try out their trial versions. you could also use flashget and manually throttle your downloads to a set speed and use winRAR or winACE to split your files into 500MB segments. I've used all of them and DU controler sounds like something to consider in your case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom