Doom Storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
Can someone give me thier take on Doom's storyline. I always thought demons crossed over from **** and a space marine had to kill them, although I never figured out what Mars had to do with it. Now I watched the Doom movie and it's like they didn't follow Doom's storyline at all. The demons weren't demons at all, but mutated humans.

All in all, the movie sucked.

DONT LISTEN TO THE MOVIE it reeked!
scientist open up a portal to **** and... well... all **** brakes loose,
so yeah you got the idea
----------------------------------
it's on mars because it's cool!

Dont ever EVER mention "doom movie" around me... i call that terrible movie "Resident Evil On Mars" it had no relevence to the game what so ever. The actual doom story line comes from the pits of H3LL itself.

Ulti_DOOM said:
Dont ever EVER mention "doom movie" around me... i call that terrible movie "Resident Evil On Mars" it had no relevence to the game what so ever. The actual doom story line comes from the pits of H3LL itself.

More like Final Fantasy on Mars, that game had absoloutly NOTHING to do with the game, not even one bit of context in that movie could relate anywhere close to the game, not only that, but the movie was worse then Doom and Resident Evil put together multiplied by infinity.

You should know this already, but movies NEVER follow any storylines from the game/book/whatever it was based off of. Directors always find some way to completely screw up a good story.

I left at the beggining and demanded my money back. got it back. wasn't the idea that thier was a virus that would make you sick if your soul was bad? any ways my favorite part was during the previews when a man threw his soda at the screen and yelled "this move SUCKS"

Final Fantasy was actually a good movie reguardless of the game, But the doom movie sucked all round. And that wrestler dude that acts in it loves himself and that just puts the icing on the cake. And the first person view could have been heaps better...

I don't understand why they didn't go all CG, the monsters looked like drunk guys in haloween costumes

Heyyo,

Yeah, it's set on mars cause that's where the portal to **** is, onna barren, (surface wise at least) uninhabitable planet, that's red.

FPS mode in the movie was cool, but yeah, they should've soo followed the doom storyline. Whoever created the script for this movie obviously never played doom. I hear IDSoft had no input on the movie either... that was definately a BAD idea.

The movie was average not that bad compared to other game films. It could have been a lot worse. The final fantasy film was also average mainly due to the fact it went for real life characters and futuristic setting rather than fantasy like old school FF games. Heres hoping the halo film will finally bring something worth while to watch on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom