Doom 3 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element22

Beta member
I am having a problem running Doom 3 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about my system...The game crashes a few minutes I start playing on every setting! Could it be my power supply?!

My system:
2.8 P4
1 gig of ram
asus mobo
ati radon 9800 pro 256mb
400w antec power supply
dvd/rw drive
cd-rw drive

Thanks,
Scott

it randomly shuts off on me sometimes too. Can you play for a long time, or is it like every 2 minutes?? If its every so often then its just some instabilities in the game most likely in the coding. They should release a patch to fix that and make it more stable eventually.

I wouldn't imagine its your power supply. If your power supply is bad your computer wont even start. It either works or doesn't....it must be something else

ThirtySixBelow said:
I wouldn't imagine its your power supply. If your power supply is bad your computer wont even start. It either works or doesn't....it must be something else

thats not ness true... my friend has a Dell (HAHAHAH) and he got a 170 psu (i coulnt believe it.. bought it about 6 months ago) and his command and conquer generals will freeze when on multiplayer games because of his power supply but can RUN and PLAY everyother game of lower performance i.e CS and AoM... take a look at your psu... it might be failing for they are only supposed to have a certain life span of hours used... just a thought... 400w though does sound powerful enough.

The most common troubles of a computer i have found all start at the psu..

also is your cpu overclocked? it might be unstable if it is... overheating is not general issue that comes up but often but maybe your system is having a thermal break down?
thats all I can think off without inspecting your system

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have asus probe which monitors your hardware and the power fan and chassis fans 'values' goes down to 0 quite often. I have heard that this software is not correct all the time. A little worried...
Farcry, CZ: Source all run great. I hope it is just a patch for Doom 3!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom