.dll problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie.1

Baseband Member
when i try to run some games on my comp, i get this error message

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C;\WINXP\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system D::d. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL

how do i fix this? the windows bug fix site does not seem to have anything for this

i have already tried both the pages. the first one does not have anything related to this. the Realtek page has this file relocated - Hhctrl.ocx

however, in my case, i have shell32.dll relocated, and the contents of that page also dont work.

If it is XP do a repair install. If it is Vista try a restore point.

Apparently that's being seen in XP by the "C;\WINXP\system32\SHELL32.dll" portion of the error message. The MS link provides patches for this type of error to see if those will work before going ahead with a repair install. I tend to agree with Mak213 on that likely being the only other method to see this solved.

i would have loved to repair install, but now for some reason my comp just shows a blue screen after the XP screen and reboots everytime i switch it on

(GARN!!)

The article by Stevens seen there is probably the best ever seen on how to see that done. You simply boot up and go through the normal set of screens as if it was a fresh install going on until seeing the options to press L to delete or R to repair the present installation. This is after pressing the "press enter now to install" screen is seen.

Following the repair install you may have to reinstall video, sound drivers while the rest of the programs already on should run as before. Everything else will remain intact while the main system files are replaced. Windows will need to be reactivated again following the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom