displaying È instead of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
for some reason my work computer displays a È whenever i type a question mark. also à instead of a \. this is only in Word (and maybe other Office applications) not here on this forum or Notepad or anything.

I dont have a laptop so cant type in Fn key (which is one of the ways you solve this on a laptop, I believe). and I dont have access to the control panel so cant go into advanced language settings. But it wasnt like this earlier this morning, I've obviously caused this thru a combination of various accidental keys, question is how to go back.

Thanks
Dan

I think the keyboard layout is in French.. I remember a friend of mine had a similar problem :tongue: But hers appeared everywhere (most notably MSN / Windows Live Messenger)

They are both right. You switched your Keyboard layout using the quick key switch. Turn off sticky keys and revert your layout back to your preferred settings.

You hit the quuck key switch.... I do it all the time because of using sticky keys.

Its left shift and ctrl together plus the key.

you said shift and ctrl plus the key. which key? i dont know which the quick switch is?

You dont need to use the Quick Keys. Do as i said and go into the Control Panel and disable it from there. That way you dont have to worry about the quick keys cause you will disable them!

cant go into control panel. its a work computer. heck i cant even right click on the task bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom