Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking i7, moohaha. The wife is ****ed tho, lol

If I get a GTX285, i7 Processor & i7 Motherboard, and atleast 4 Gigs of Ram....I should be able to run everything under the sun, even if its completely maxed out, right?

Thanks

They are the specs of my rig, and unless your planning to run crazy reolutions, yes it will play anything. I max out crysis with 4xAA at 1680x1050 and its extremely smooth, with high enough fps to play multiplayer (i admit i havent run frams to find out exact fps). If you went up to 1900x1200 im sure you could play at 2xAA comfortably.

GTA4 also runs very smoothly, and the settings i have are very high (its max settings are completely ridiculous and would need a gpu with 4GB of ram) as already stated its coding is very poor, it doesnt even have AA - its not possible.

Safe to say that rig will play anything on a 22inch screen.

^ UT3 aint that hard to max out :)

OP: do you have the latest crysis patch installed? i know that fixed crappy performance on my PC.

This is true, but that is nice looking game, and I have a mid-level card of 3 yrs ago, by now it's about as low as they come.

I'm at 1920x1200, and I can do the 2AA, but I like it better without it. I get like an extra 2 or 3 fps, and that makes enough of a difference in Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom